Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

What have we been up to?

Today, Cary asked me if I was going to do a blog about us any time soon. I guess I have been focusing on other things on here besides sharing our every day stuff. Sorry I've been neglecting "us." There's been good reason...but I'll get to that in a bit. :)

SO! What have we been up to??? Well, I thought I'd share lots and lots of pics and tell you that way. It's been lots of normal around here since Cary's been back. Somehow, I'm more tired since he's been home... I'm not sleeping well... and I don't mean I'm not sleeping because we're doing other things... I mean I'm just not sleeping well. I jokingly asked Cary if he could go away for a bit so I could sleep WELL. He tosses and turns and I'm a still sleeper. HA! If that isn't a tell-tale sign of our personality differences, I don't know what is! :) We've been having fun though...playing around here, and going to lacrosse games and such. Anyway, here are some pics to share our activities...

hide-and-seek
Photobucket

games
Photobucket

interrupted by "shows"
Photobucket

playdough...LOTS of playdough
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Carson and Caden like to talk a lot about old injuries (aka scratches)
Photobucket

cuddle time (Caden got cropped out of this pic because he was throwing an ABSOLUTE FIT! He wanted the camera and didn't understand why Mommy could hold it but he couldn't
Photobucket

Carter is getting SO BIG! I don't know how big, but I do know he is bigger and longer than Carson or Caden were at this age. Here are some kitchen-counter-bathtime pics. Carson and Caden were taking a bath at the same time, so our tub was in use...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

He's nearly blinking in this pic, but check out the teeth :)
Photobucket

Carter spends a lot of time in this position lately:
Photobucket

He seems to think it's even better when he can get his toes AND his thumb in his mouth.
Photobucket

When I grow up...I want to be a professional photographer. It looks like I may be growing up sooner than I thought! :) Instead of blogging our everyday-ness I've been working on the preparation for what will be known as "SugarBowl Photography!" I'm in the process of building my portfolio and website, and I found out today that I may already have potential paying customers! SO EXCITED!!! Anyway, if you think about it, be praying for my steps to be guided and doors to be opened! In my dreaming, I was sure this wouldn't happen until my children were all in school, but it looks like it may all come together much sooner than that! When I'm not doing things for the portfolio and all of that, and when the boys are occupied, I'm practicing doing things like this (I fully admit that I got this idea from another photographer...a photographer I dream of being like someday :)) :
Photobucket

Photobucket

OH! Before I forget! HUGE CONGRATS to our friends Roy & Debbie! They're baby boy was born this afternoon! We love you guys and are SO excited for you!!!

8 comments:

Megan said...

Yay! Welcome to professional photographer-hood (I think I just made up a word:) You'll do great--you're so awesome already!

Denique said...

Congrats on taking the big photography step :) You are already so good, you'll do great! You have a customer here, if I can afford you :)

Denique said...

By the way, my brother is a professional photographer. So if you ever want to check his stuff out here's his blog http://prestonutley.wordpress.com/

Marcia said...

Congrats on your new business! What a cute name - can't wait to see the website up and running. You are a talented lady!

Best wishes from Waco,
Marcia

Unknown said...

I'm so excited for you! I know you will do great. I love all the pics you have been posting lately. You are going to be amazing!

Unknown said...

ryc: yes mom prom was started 3 years ago, jordan and a couple of others started it. just something fun to do since we are all "grown up" now and don't have prom to go to . Its totally cheesy and the outfits are outrageous sometimes, but all the more fun. The first year we didn't go, last year it was on jamie's wedding day so this was our first year to go and it was a BLAST! You guys should totally come in for it sometime ;)

Joel, Keturah, Atlee, Asher and Lars said...

Yeah! I am so happy that you are getting to accomplish your dream. How exciting. I cant wait to see you guys and hear about it. By the way carter is seriously so big!

Deb said...

You are amazing! I think you have an eye for what makes good pics. Love the one of you and Carson!