Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 21, 2009

My Week as a Road Widow

Cary's been in Europe this week planning the church's summer missions trip to London/Berlin. I know...rough life. :) He's had a great time, and rumor has it he has a present for me. I'm excited. I'm more excited that he's coming home tomorrow night! Can't wait. I'm worn out from this week by my lonesome, but it's been fun for the most part. I can tell the kids are missing Cary though, their emotions seem to be a little high strung. We've tried to keep busy so the week would pass quickly. Tuesday we went to my brother's lacrosse game and to dinner with my dad, brother and sister afterwards. Wednesday I had my mom's Bible study and our youth internship. Thursday I had a girls night at my house with my sweet friends Stephenie and Brianna and my sis Kels. It was lots of fun! We've also been spending LOTS of time enjoying the sunny outdoors. Carter has learned to roll over, and is rolling, rolling, rolling everywhere! I'm glad because I was just noticing last week that he wasn't rolling and should be by now. They still take into account that he was early, so it wasn't to big of a concern, but I had noticed. Well, no need for any worry, because he rolled from his tummy to his back all day Monday, and started flipping back to tummy on Thursday. Now he's a rolling machine. It's funny how quickly babies master things when they wait to even try. Now the moment he wakes up, he rolls over and babbles to himself...love it. Silly boy.

Speaking of learning things... Caden has mastered dressing himself...and undressing for that matter. He's so funny and wants to do it all himself. He seems way to young to be doing that already, at least to me.

It's been a good week, but I sure am glad and excited for Cary's return! Love you babe, and can't wait to hear all of your stories!!!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

I don't ever like it when Billy goes out of town either :( I always end up spending the night with my mom or having someone come over here and stay with me...funny how even when you grow up it's not nearly as fun when you're home alone :)

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear what the surprise is!!

Michelle said...

Same with me, when Stephen is not here I don't stay here. I can't imagine how hard it is for you with 3 kids. You are super mom!!!
I can't wait to hear what Cary got you. It's the least he could do for spending a week away in Germany! ha
Glad things are going well. I love all the pictures even if I don't comment all the time.
Your boys are getting big.