Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, February 16, 2009

Happy 2nd Birthday Caden!

My sweet boy! You are such a blessing to me! You live life to the very fullest! We like to say that you come from "fun country," which means everything should and can be fun. You are always fully ON. You play hard, you love hard, you sleep hard! And you do it all as FAST as you can. In fact, as I write this, you are playing in the backyard with your brother, running as fast as your little legs will carry you, only slowing momentarily to inspect a rock or clump of grass and then throwing them as hard as you can. You are a joy in my life and you remind me to play and to live in the moment. You LOVE to sing, and you are constantly singing. If you don't know the words, you make them up. You have the best giggle in the whole world. It is a deep belly laugh, and we hear it often. You have the biggest grin and I think your chipped tooth only made it cuter. You are our pretty boy with your long lashes and dimples, which is amazing, because you LOVE to get dirty and you are SO rough and tumble by nature. You LOVE to cuddle up with anyone who is willing, and if you are still, you prefer to be touching someone. You also love to read and bring me books by the stack. You are such a smart boy, and seem to crave understanding with all of your questions. You love balloons, and beg for them whenever you site one. You LOVE instruments, especially the da-da-tar (guitar). You are also a guys' guy. You LOVE your mommy, but you prefer to hang with the guys, I think. With all of your communication and "skills" you seem so much older than your 2 years. You do your best to stay right along side your brother. You love to race, and as often as you and Carson run a track through our home, it's amazing the floor doesn't have a permanant groove running through it. We're moving you to a big boy bed in a new room soon, and you cried the other night because you wanted to sleep in a new bed so badly. You have a great desire to be big, but slow down for Mommy, because you are getting their far to quickly. You also LOVE to be outside and always beg to "go" anywhere. You love to sleep when you are ready and still giggle when I meet your request for naptime and bedtime. I love that about you! You always know what you want, and we can meet that request, no matter what it is, it renders a sweet giggle from you. You are pure sunshine for us, Caden! Your mommy and daddy are SO thankful for you, our sweet boy! With your zest for life, we KNOW God has such great plans for you! We pray that you will live as fully and head strong for Him as you do for every moment now. Your joy for life is such a strength, and I know it will carry you through all that you do for our Lord! Happy 2nd Birthday, Caden!! You are so very loved!
Photobucket

4 comments:

Bella said...

Melissa,
All that you have written is so true! And it is written so beautifully! Caden Gary is truely a gift to all of us, straight from the heart of the Lord!!!!
Love yoU!

Unknown said...

I can sense his personality so much in your words. I'm so glad we finally got to meet Caden before he is all grown up :)

Anonymous said...

So sweet!! I wish I could write like that about my kids. Not that they aren't great kids I just would say I love you....
Haha!! Missed you at MOPS, hope to see you soon!

Anonymous said...

I'm in love :)