Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, February 09, 2009

Carter's Dedication

Poor Carter was SOOOO miserable on Sunday, but I really felt like we should go ahead with his baby dedication as planned. So I held him and he slept and we dedicated his life to the Lord. May he follow hard after You, Lord! Pastor Russ lead our dedication, and my Dad prayed over Carter, as he did over Carson and Caden at their dedications. Dad, I am so thankful for the prayers that you have covered us with. You have no idea how much it means to me.



My Grammy told me that she had been wondering if we should have just rescheduled because of how miserable Carter was, but she shared with me that during the dedication, the Lord spoke to her and said that He had a great plan for Carter's life, and that his illness was an attack on him because of our desire to dedicate him to the Lord. I believe it. Our house has been sick off and on for a month now, and he has remained healthy until this time. Lord, we offer him up to You! Help us to guide him as You lead his heart to follow your will and plans for his life!

Photobucket

Photobucket

By the way...Carter is still pretty miserable, but I think we've turned a corner. He's more fussy now than lethargic, and as miserable as that is for him, I think I'll take it! :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so awesome! I am praying for the little guy. I pray he gets some relief tonight! And you guys too! You are troopers.

Anonymous said...

That was so special! I will definitely continue tp pray for him! I hate it when our kids are sick. Be blessed!!!

KriSTeN said...

oh awesome... you guys are raising three very godly men... you are doing such a great job. i cant wait to see what kind of men they become. way to go! i cant wait to get Elijah dedicated!!! it's such a special time for sure!

Dan and Steph said...

Thanks so much for sharing the video with us, I can't believe we missed, I wish we could have been there. We are praying for Carter and a quick recovery. We love you guys so much!!!