Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 14, 2005

75th percentile!!!!????

Yep, that's Carson. He is in the 75th percentile for his weight. We had his 8 week check up with Dr. Mike - who is wonderful, by the way. Carson is 12 lbs. 6 oz. at 2 months and a day. He is 22 1/2 inches tall/long/whatever. Oh, and we were right, he is gifted. He is considered 3 1/2 months along as far as his development - but what else would we expect, right?? ha ha...

Oh, and we had to end the appointment with the dreaded shots :( 4!! all in his thighs with a needle that was at least 3 inches - I don't even think his thighs are that thick, so I'm not sure where that needle disappeared to! He cried and cried (and that was just Cary - just kidding :))and turned purple and then did the silent cry...it was horrible, torture!! But then I got to cuddle him and comfort him, and all was well, and he even smiled after a bit, so I guess all is forgotten. Poor kid. And Mommy and Daddy aren't doing to badly from the ordeal either.

4 comments:

alicia said...

Thanks Melissa for the advice. It always helps to hear from people who are experienced with it. I am drinking a coke right now. It isn't all that flat but it is helping my stomach. I did eat breakfast this morning too when I got to work. I try to eat breakfast even when I don't feel good just because I know there is a little baby in there that needs nutrients. Your baby Carson is really starting to show personality in his pictures and that is great about him being ahead of the game.

Deborah said...

Oh, how fun! I miss those days! Colton was always very good about his shots! I was very blessed! And he was always 100 percentile, or high 90s. He's always been a big boy. He's starting to even out and his percentiles are somewhere between 75-95. It's been a while. I'm so glad that he is "gifted". That makes for lots of happiness! You two are so blessed to have such a healthy, gifted son. I'm so happy for both of you. Sounds like parenting is going all right for you guys. Enjoy every minute, cause before you know it, they are talking, running around and all sorts of things. Have fun!

Unknown said...

What a genius!! He is such a cutie and I love all the pics of him. Keep them coming!

Rach said...

Melissa,
He is so precious!! I don't look forward to the shots...I hate the silent cry...that is the worst!! Glad parenthood is going well for y'all and I'm glad you have **FUN** following my blog. I love reading yours too!! Take care and I will pray for God's will for your little family's lives!!