Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, October 09, 2006

Car Accident

Carson and I were in a car accident yesterday on the way home from Sunday lunch. It was very scary. I was driving towards home, and a girl was driving the opposite direction and made an unprotected left in front of me. She entered the intersection right before I got to the crosswalk, so it was inevitable. Lots of people saw the accident, and were kind enough to make sure that we were okay and wait to speak with the police about what happened. The police never even talked with me, because the EMT's were making sure the baby was okay, and then we ended up going to the hospital to be monitored. My car is for sure totalled, and her truck might be. She was very young - probably just got her licensed, and I could tell she was scared out of her mind, and then when she overheard that I am pregnant, she really became hysterical for a bit. I felt so bad for her. I spoke with her today though and she seems to be less upset. Since I'm pregnant, they took me to the ER by ambulance, which was an experience in and of itself, and then monitored the baby for 4 hours. I guess that's standard procedure after 20 weeks. It was nice to get to hear the baby's heartbeat so often in such a short period. Everything looks like it's okay with me and the babe, thank goodness, and Carson was checked out and seems to be doing fine too. He has a very minor abrasion on his neck from the carseat strap, and he bit his tongue or lip - we're not sure which, but that was pretty minor considering how our vehicle looked. He was happy and active as usual today. I'm so thankful for carseats!! (We already have a new one by the way-the very same model, since it did such a good job.) I'm a bit sore today, and plan on making an appointment to see a chiropractor. The girl was found at fault, and her insurance company called to let us know that they are taking responsibility for the accident. Since it was our only car, we are kind of stuck until we know what the company decides. We will at least have a rental for a little while. Please pray that there are no lasting reprocussions from the accident, and pray that we get a good settlement. Thankfully, we have our ultrasound on Thursday, and that one will be much greater in detail than the one they took at the hospital to check the placenta and the baby's heartbeat. It sets my mind at ease just a bit to know that we'll get to see all of the babe's parts in just a few days. Oh, and in case you were wondering, the baby is still as active as ever. Thanks for your prayers!!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scarry. I'm glad all of you are okay. Let us know how you are doing.
Phylicia

Nicki W. said...

praise the Lord for He is good! i am praying that all is well and we are going to pray against any reprocussions at all! i have got to ask you what carseat you used--you have me sold!! i am so happy you are ok.

Unknown said...

i am so thankful that you three are ok. That was a scary post to read! So greatful for the Lord to watch over you all!

Can't wait for your next post :)

Michelle said...

I am so glad that everyone came out in good condition. I will be praying that you get everything situated with your car and it all works out for the good. I hope you and Carson recover extremely fast.

Deborah said...

The Lord definitely had his angels wrapped around you guys. I'm so glad that everything is ok, and that the other girl is ok. I know that that could've been tramatic for her if anything had happened to you guys. So glad everything is ok. Can't wait to see the ultrasound pics and find out if it's a boy or girl! Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. I'm glad everything was ok! I bet you were scared to death! God was definitely in charge!

Can't wait to hear about the u/s this week!! How exciting!!!

E. Michelle said...

that was scary to read! i am so glad you are both unharmed.

Anonymous said...

OMG Melissa. Thank god you are okay!

alicia said...

I am so sorry to hear that. Poor babies! Carson must have been so scared and the baby inside must have got a good shaking. I will be praying for all of y'all. Can't wait to see and hear what the baby is. Let us know asap!

Anonymous said...

I am sitting on pins and needles waiting to hear your ultrasound results!! Can't wait to find out what you are having!!!!!!

Michelle said...

Where are you Melissa???? We are all anticipating the announcement of the sex of your second child!!!

Unknown said...

Didn't you say your appt. was at 4:30 or something??

Anonymous said...

Oh, goodness. I can't believe I missed this! I'm also so glad that the three of you are ok. I'm excited to read your next news, too! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm not anonymous! I'm Rebekah Fields!!! :)
Stupid technology.

Melissa said...

Haaaa!! Rebekah, you are so funny! I thought it was so weird that it wasn't recognizing you, but I knew who you were!! :)