Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 01, 2005

Chatting it up.

Carson has been quite the chatterbox this week. :) I think he's found his voice. If you look at him and grin or talk, he just talks right back, and I've even caught him chatting with his stuffed bear. We're doing pretty good while Cary is gone. Just hanging out and doing fun things like grocery shopping. :) I've even started to learn how to crochet this weekend. How susie-homemaker of me, I know. I was spurred on by my friend Doris who crocheted edging around receiving blankets for Carson - they are really nice, so useful, and get fun compliments from people everywhere. SOOO if I can master the technique, I might have to make some for my friends to have too. No promises, but we'll see how it goes.

Here are some new pictures...











Happy Monday everyone!!

8 comments:

Deborah said...

I love the pics! He is so precious and squishy! I love it! I'm glad things are going well while "dad" is gone. I recently bought the supplies to start crocheting, but I haven't taken them out of the bag. A friend from work is going to teach me how! By the way, you look great!

Melissa said...

Thanks, Deborah! So far crocheting is a lot of fun - not relaxing yet because I'm not good, but fun :) Hope it is for you too!!

alicia said...

He is very sweet baby! I can't wait to see y'all again. We had a lot of fun. Good luck on the new hobby. I need to pick one up too. I am getting bored at the regular routine. Although I should probably enjoy the down time before baby Allard comes.

Melissa said...

Thanks Alicia! We can't wait to see you guys again too. Hopefully we won't have to wait so far in between this time! :) Definitely enjoy your downtime! It will come to a very quick end :) Although Carson has decided 7:30 is a very good bedtime, so that gives Cary and I a couple of hours to do whatever we want ;) I do wish I had started this while I was pregnant though, because then I could have made them for Carson. Oh well, he may get a few new blankets anyway.

Unknown said...

He is so cute. I cant wait to see him again in person!!! oh, everytime you post new pics it just makes me more and more excited about what is to come in the next 8 weeks for us :) You look fabulous as well!!! Good luck on the crocheting. I have tried to learn before but I would love to learn again.

Michelle said...

Melissa,
Those pictures are so cute...you have a very adorable baby!

Rach said...

Melissa, he looks so cute!! He really looks a lot like Cary. I'm glad y'all are holding down the fort while he is gone--I'm sure you are anxious for him to get back. Crocheting--maybe I'll learn how to do it--you'll have to keep us posted on how it goes. What are you crocheting, by the way?

Melissa said...

Hey Rachel! You should try it! I'm crocheting edging around a flannel receiving blanket. I'll try to remember to post a picture once I've made sufficient progress so everyone will see what I mean. I just went to walmart and got one of those how to flyer things from the craft section about crochet edging. It's super easy to understand and kept me from getting frustrated.

And Lindsay - you should pick it up again! Maybe we can all have a long distance crochet circle :) Dorky, I know ;)