Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Sleep, Glorious Sleep!!!

11 HOURS STRAIGHT!!!!! Yep, Carson went down at 8 last night for good and didn't wake up until 7 this morning, and that is only because I got him up so I could feed him. Then he went back to sleep until we had to leave at 7:40!!! Who knows how long he would have stayed down if he had been able too! I thought this sleeping through the night thing was a fluke, but the night before last, he slept for 9 hours, ate and then slept for another 3. Maybe we're on to something here.

I am so blessed! Today is a wonderful day!

In other news...we had to nearly shave our poor yorkie, Fisher. He's looking pretty pitiful right now, but is acting as proud as ever. He has beautiful soft gray hair, but it is extremely fine and the undercoat gets matted super easily. When we took him to get him groomed, they said we needed to trim him to 1/2" and start over. Poor Fisher. I should post before and after pictures - he doesn't even look like a yorkie right now.

We also finalized our moving plans. We are loading a moving truck Thursday night, and Friday morning Carson and I will fly out and Cary will hit the road. I'm super excited because when I get there, my mom and I are going to paint the nursery and hang a border - I'll be sure to post pics when it's done - I think it will be very cute!! Hopefully I'll get the paint on the walls before Cary arrives with the furniture! :)

Have a wonderful day everybody!!

3 comments:

Rach said...

Wow, 11 hours!! I hope I am that lucky!! Good luck with the move and the painting!! I bet you are so excited to move closer to your family!! Be careful and keep us updated!!

Unknown said...

Poor Fisher. I think Hoobie would LOVE it if we shaved all his hair off. Congrats on lots of sleep. I hope our little girl follows suit!

We sure will miss you guys, be safe and keep us updated!

alicia said...

Thanks Melissa for your words of encouragement. It was nice to read them from you and Lindsay. I appreciate it as my body is making the changes. Talk to ya soon again and happy moving!