Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, January 30, 2009

DIY Projects 1, 2, 3 & 1/2

I've been inspired, and I'm not pregnant. Let me clarify...I feel like I've been pregnant for so long (3 times in 4 years) that many times, I would want to start a major project and would feel like it was too much, mostly because I was pregnant, and partly because I thought it would be too expensive, but for less than $100, I've completed 3 big projects (well, big to me) in 1 week! So, here we go...

1. I repainted/painted most of the doors on our main floor. Just the trim color we have in our house already, but we've lived here for a year now, and they needed done. I did most of this during nap time and after the boys went down for the night. I have 2 doors left - the boys room doors, which are the most difficult, because I can't really keep them out of their rooms for a good length of time. I'm still figuring out how I'm going to finish their doors.

2. During Backyardigans and lunch time on Wednesday, I painted our front door! SOOO excited about this. It was such immediate gratification. I should have taken a before picture. It used to be a *lovely* shade of pinky peach and it was VERY poorly painted. In case you can't tell from the pictures, it's now a lovely shade of midnight. And then last night and this morning, I made the wreath for Valentine's day. Love it. Our next step is to replace the door handle and lock. We also have a new porch light to put up that is wrought iron.


3. Also, Wednesday during nap time, and then once the boys went to bed for the night, I painted the LOVELY **dripping sarcasm** original to our 1980's home bathroom cabinets and wood. They were gross and needed replaced, but since I can't replace them right now, I painted them and replaced the old brass hardware with brush nickel hardware. Our next step is to replace the counter top. And I'm looking for fabric to sew a new shower curtain that will go better with the new look.



1/2. Can you tell what this is?

My new project!! SOOOO excited. A sweet friend in our church does interior decorating...specifically curtains and upholstery, and she let me go through her remnants. These are fabric for curtains I'm going to make for our house.

These are the fabrics I'm going to use in our living room...possibly bedroom as well once I figure out how much I have.

The left one is the fabric for my kitchen. Love it. And the right one is for our guest room, and possibly Cary's office. We'll see.

Anyway, what do you guys think? Hopefully this inspiration will continue, and I'll have lots of these fun projects to share with you!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

oh i love everything!!! the cabinets and doore are divine!

way to go!

Anonymous said...

Better not be nesting!

Cary

alicia said...

You go girl! You have inspired me to do stuff too. I need to get on the ball now and just do it.

Deb said...

You are the only person I know that has three children and can still get things done! You are my hero! Thanks for the comment on my blog, too! :) Miss you guys like crazy.

Gaitha said...

You are doing great! You have definately inspired me. We are about to buy our first house and I have been thinking up alot of projects, so thanks for the inspiration:)

Dan and Steph said...

I LOVE it all!!! Great job, your amazing!!!

Anonymous said...

My absolute favs are the ones for your living room/bedroom....love them!!