Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 03, 2009

4 Months Old

I cannot believe it has already been 4 months since Carter joined our world. Maybe it's because of the holidays, but it has flown! I felt like I was relishing each moment of his sweet newborn-ness, but he has turned into a chunkier-by-the-day baby overnight it seems. He is such a sweetheart, and will flash his gummy grin with just a look from anyone. He is still a quite content little guy, and is easily soothed when he does get upset. He also still sleeps quite a bit, which amazes me. This month, he has become quite the drooler, and I'm sure we'll be seeing teeth before we know it. He loves to watch his brothers play. He loves to play patty-cake - in fact this brought out his first true giggle just this morning. He loves music and if I hold him while I'm singing, he sings too. It's hilarious. He's also quite the talker. He babbles much more than Carson or Caden, and might be the most talkative of the bunch in the future. Carter, you are such a joy in my world. I am so thankful that God has given you to us. Oh, and I know that you are itching to be able to run and play with your brothers, but if you could slow down a bit on the whole growing up thing, your mommy would really appreciate it!









I took these next two pictures while he was talking to me. He is so full of expression already, I can't wait to hear the words he has to say.



6 comments:

Deb said...

I love all the pics, and have been waiting for days to see new posts. For some reason, they didn't show up until today; I know I checked! We love you guys and wish you a happy new year.

Joel, Keturah, Atlee, Asher and Lars said...

He is getting so big already. I met him when he was only two weeks old and now he is four months old crazy.

Anonymous said...

OH, my! How is he so old already! Oh, goodness!! :) Cute, cute, cute. I love the look he's giving you in that last picture - so mature :)

ryc - Gosh - can you believe that Jack is 44 lbs. at 2? He's HUGE (he was 34 lbs. at a year old)!!! And he's over half my height already! Cannot believe it. And he's been that big for nearly a year now! At least he's slowing down now...

Shawn Roller said...

Carter has the most beautiful big pale blue eyes. Such a cutie. I wonder if he will grow out of them?

Anonymous said...

So stinkin' cute!!! Can't wait 'til the next MOPS to love on him :)

KriSTeN said...

oh wow... time has gone by!!! he is so adorable and definately one of the three! they all have their differences but boy they sure do look like brothers! :)
he is precious and so are your other two. i am so happy for you guys and i am glad you guys had a great New years!
i dont know how you do it with three! i am just preparing myself for one! LOL
everyone says he could come anytime and i just want him to come on time because once he is here he is here for good! and that's great! but at the same time i know it will never ever be the same again! :)