Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 02, 2008

1 Month Old

Carter has been with us for a whole month now! I really can't believe it's been that long already. He's been an easy addition to our family so far. He is a great sleeper in spite of sleeping through 80-90% of the day. He wakes up about every 3 hours, sometimes 2 1/2, sometimes 4, throughout the night. But he generally eats and goes back down easily, so that's really nice. I've really been blessed with great sleepers so far. I think God knows I would lose my mind if it were any different! :) He's generally mellow, and only gets super upset if he is hungry or needs to burp, and then he's pretty easily soothed. I've seen a few gassy smirks here and there, but no true smiles. Cary SWEARS he received the first true smile yesterday, but since no one was around to verify, it's still up for debate. ;) Carson and Caden have adjusted really well and just adore Carter. Caden brings me his pacifier and his diapers and loves to help, but he also loves cuddle time with Cary and I. Carson has totally taken on the roll as the biggest brother. He loves to play and pretend with Caden, and anyone else who will participate. He's loves to help and do anything that makes him feel big. He is constantly telling us that he can do such-and-such "because I'm big...I'm 3!" He also keeps telling us, "I can do it! I'm STRONG!" It's pretty funny how important this is to him lately. I think he finds some identity in knowing he is the biggest brother. He loves to help soothe Carter when he's crying by shh-ing him or singing. Speaking of singing, Caden is singing everything under the sun! It's so funny, because he doesn't know many words to the songs he knows, so he sings the tune and makes up words. Hilarious, but you can always tell what he is singing, and if you sing along with him, it lights up his world. Too funny. Anyway, the boys are sweet as can be.

Carter in his typical state at 1 month old:


Story time is big at our house, so I thought it was so sweet a few days ago when Carson took it upon himself to read Carter a story:




Caden grabbed himself a book to read, so as not to be left out. :) He's so serious about it!

5 comments:

Natalie Powers said...

I can't believe he's a month old!! Ah. How beautiful he is too. ;)

It's so great to read the update. You have such a gorgeous family. Hope you are doing great too and feeling good. I know ministry, being a wife and mom can be crazy...but thank the Lord for His strength, right? :)

Deb said...

All of the boys are sooo handsome! How are you feeling? I believe Cary on the smile thing - I like rooting for the underdog! LOL

alicia said...

Wow, its been a whole month. My how time goes by. I am glad y'all are doing great. Carson looks cute reading the story to his little brother. How sweet. Josh and I are seriously thinking about coming up there to visit and go snowboarding in Feb sometime. That would be tons of fun to see y'all and our kids could actually meet each other.

Jamie said...

Wow, I'm floored it's been a month already! Will we get to meet the new addition in December??? Hopefully you guys will make an appearance and it should be a good easy weekend together.
Much love to the fam.

KriSTeN said...

oh my. you have the most adorable three boys ever!!! they are so cute and so wonderful. i am so happy that they work well together. you are such a sweet and patient woman. i can just sense it through your posts and i know that is one major reason why those boys do so well together. i am sure they will have their fair fights when they are older and little arguments being young but for the most part they are getting so much from you and Cary. way to go! i may need some good advice for sure! i cant wait to see my little boy. :)
have a wonderful week!