Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Circus & The Best Hiding Place in the Woild

I blogged several months ago about how I had gotten Carter a coming home outfit that I LOVED. Since he came so early, he didn't get to wear it home. He finally got to wear the outfit for the first time Sunday, so I took pictures since the outfit was special to me, and one that will surely go in his keepsake box.





This picture cracks me up...


Last Monday, Cary and I got to take the boys to the circus, thanks to my Aunt Jess! I'd never been to a circus before, so I was super excited, and was not disappointed. It was so fun. The animals were so cool to see in person. The elephants were my favorite. And the boys (Carson especially) were so impressed with the motorcycle tricks. It was such a fun day.


Funny Carson Stories
The other day, during a particularly difficult naptime, I thought Carson had finally fallen asleep around 4:30 PM. When we were ready for dinner around 6, I went in to get Carson up, and he was no where to be found. I looked in his blankets, under his bed and in his closet. I walked around the house calling his name loudly, and nothing... And then I started to panic a little bit. I thought maybe he had snuck outside. I knew he wouldn't take off, but who knows what would have happened had some random person seen a 3 year old wandering around alone. So Cary and I both went outside and start calling for him. We went all around our front and back yards trying to find him with no luck. After a bit, I decided to check his room again. He has this storage thing that has small buckets in it for organizing, and we throw his stuffed animals behind it, so on a whim, I decided to look in the stuffed animals. Sure enough, underneath all of the stuffed animals, Carson is sound asleep. I don't know how he slept through all of our hollering. He woke up then, and looked at me. And I said, "Carson, I was so scared! I thought you were lost!! Were you sleeping in here the whole time??" and he said, "Yeah!! This is the best hiding place in the WOILD!! (world) He was so incredibly proud of himself, Cary and I just died laughing! We couldn't help ourselves.

Then this week, we've all had colds. When Carson first got it, I asked him if his ears hurt because he was messing with them. He felt one of them and said, "No, it's still bendy." Then I asked him if his nose was stuffy, and he felt it with his fingers and said, "No, look, it's still soft." :)

I love that kid.

2 comments:

Deb said...

That is hilarious, but I am sure you were getting really nervous when you couldn't find him... I bet it will be the first place you look next time! Carter looks adorable in his outfit, and I can't believe how big he is already. I love the pumpkin pics, too. You look cute as can be.

lindsey brooke said...

your child is BRILLIANT :)