Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 04, 2008

First things first... the big ultrasound

I know I have been really bad about updating. Not to worry though, all is well, I've just been WORN OUT since our wonderful, awesome trip to DC and NYC. I'm feeling mostly recovered finally so I promise to update on our trip shortly, but I wanted to update you all on our littlest babe. Cary and I had our ultrasound on Thursday. It was great to see the baby and everything looks great. Our technician was very by the book and clinical and all about her business, so I have several questions for my OB once he is able to see the shots from our ultrasound, but it really was great to see the baby moving and the strong heartbeat and all of it's body parts. Unfortunately one of the policies evidently, although it has not been a problem in the past is that they (meaning this technician) don't print pictures of the "goods" so I have none to show but the baby was NOT shy in showing them off. Here are the pictures we did get. The only thing I think so far is that the baby has Cary's chin possibly. Okay... I have to create some suspense here so pictures first... :)

Photobucket Photobucket

And finally...the news many have been waiting for...


our third baby...


is a BOY!!

3 boys! We're quite excited, and our house should be lots of fun, and although we are sure to have a crazy household, I also am thankful that we will have three gentlemen who will be taught how to live for our Lord and who will impact this world in ways I can only imagine.

Carson, thankfully, was very excited about having "3 brudders." Now we just have to come up with a name... The wheels are turning and we will most likely stick with the hard C initial for the first name....but we're definitely still in the beginning stages of this name game. I am just feeling so blessed that God has entrusted us with these sweet boys.

On a different note... I want to say a huge congratulations to Cary's sister Emily and her fiance Shawn (I hope I spelled his name right...). They became engaged this weekend. We are so excited for you both!!

10 comments:

Deborah said...

Oh My Goodness!!! I am so excited for you!!! 3 Boys!!! Amazing! How fun! YEAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! :) can you tell I'm excited?!! Good luck picking a name!! C is a great letter!! ;) ;)

alicia said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats girl on another boy. That is so exciting. Y'all will have the 3 boys that all the girls in the church are gonna want to date. The Yocum boys. How cute. Well, I can't wait to here more about him and hear his name whenever. Y'all take your time. I would also love to see pics of your trip. I am sure you had a blast. Love ya and tell Cary congrats too.

Rach said...

Congratulations Cary & Melissa!!! How exciting! 3 boys! Wow!! I can't wait to hear the name and see this precious boy. I can't believe you already know...it just seems like the other day that you told us you were pregnant! Glad you had fun on your trip and I can't wait to hear about it!
Congrats to Emily & Shawn too! :)

Unknown said...

Yeah for boys!!! I know nothing about those ;) At least I'll have lots of wife options for them to choose from :)

Can't wait to see pics from your trip. Get some rest mamma!!

Deb said...

Okay, maybe I'm a bad friend since all the others that left comments are all happy about you having a third boy, but I wanted you to have a GIRL!!! Waaaahhh!!!! I am still excited and can't think of anyone better to raise 3 boys. In fact, if I have a boy, I think I'll send him to you to raise for me! Only a few weeks until we come and see you!

Michelle said...

Oh how exciting!!! That is GREAT news. God knows exactly what you guys need and He gave you exactly what He wanted for your life, another boy!! That is so great. Congrats and I can't wait to see and hear about your trip!!! Get some rest and take care of that sweet baby boy, can't wait to hear the name you have come up with.

Nicki W. said...

let's hear it for the boys!!

Anonymous said...

*sigh* I do so love having a little boy. Three must be three times as nice :)

Deborah said...

One of my friends from college, her brother's wife just had their 4th BOY!!! all have "C" names. You might want to check out their blog: theclaytonfamilycircus.blogspot.com You are only one away from reaching their goal!!! ha ha :) I'm so excited for you guys!

Deb said...

Thanks for the long comment! I swear you are the only person who reads my blog! I can't wait to see your house!!!!! I got an email from Holly J. and she said Kristiana had a csection today - apparantly she had a girl. Can you imagine all the kids in lifegroup if we all still met here?