Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 21, 2008

31 Hours and Counting

So the flu bug was rough... Carson wasn't better until Wednesday. He ran high fevers every day and was just miserable in general. (It's him in the picture from the previous post by the way.) Caden was healthy this last week for the most part, which was a blessing, but I got the dreaded flu bug on Tuesday, and didn't feel one ounce better until almost 11 on Thursday night and that was only after drinking a chocolate milkshake - which was the only thing I wanted and kept down in 4 days. At least it tasted good! :) Friday was the dawn of a whole new day! I began my long list of things that needed accomplished before our much awaited trip. The list was long enough to fill the entire last week, but in just a few healthy days, I've made great progress. The boys and I joined my cousin Alex and our friend Jamie for lunch at Tea Leaves - a most wonderful place, and I was able to complete several errands including picking up my maternity snoogle pillow. Just for future reference for all you gals...I don't know how I ever slept pregnant without it! It is SO comfy, and I don't get hot, and when I wake up, I'm not sore! It's a miracle thing, truly. Anyway, I'm on the short end of my list of things to do today. Cary and I leave tomorrow evening, and I'm so excited I can hardly sit still! I'm so thankful to my grandparents who are coming up to keep the boys during the week, and to my parents who will have them on the weekend. This trip wouldn't be the same otherwise! For Cary and I, it is the first non-church related trip without the kiddos ever. I'm sure I will have TONS of pictures and a recap from our trip. We'll be in DC Tuesday and Wednesday. The apple blossoms are out, and I can't wait to take pictures of them! Then we'll drive up to NYC Thursday morning and will be there until Sunday night. Can't wait to share our many stories, and I may just have to do so along the way so I don't leave anything to important out. Have a wonderful week everyone!!

13 comments:

Michelle said...

I am SOOO jealous! LOL You guys have a marvelous trip and I can't wait to see pictures when you get back.

alicia said...

I am so happy for you girl! You go and enjoy every minute of it. Oh and about that snoogle pillow, did you get that at Baby'rus? I think I saw something there like that and was tempted to buy and then didn't. Okay, well glad you are feeling better and can't wait to see lots of pics. Tell Cary I said hello!

Nicki W. said...

glad you feel better :) have a wonderful trip!!

Rach said...

Oh, how fun!! I must say I'm a tad bit jealous too! You guys will have so much fun!! Enjoy!

Glad everyone is feeling better. I KNEW that was Carson....he just looks so young in the pic.

Can't wait to hear about the big trip! Take LOTS of pics!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for ya'll!! Have a wonderful trip!! Love and miss you guys. Brittney

Natalie Powers said...

I don't know you. I'm actually a friend of Michelle Griffis'. I read your blog because you are pregnant (and I am too) and your husband is a Pastor (and mine is too). :)

Anyway, I am wondering what this pregnant pillow is you are talking about. This is my 2nd baby and I need something to keep me comfy. If you have a chance, I'd love to know! Thank you!

Deb said...

You guys deserve this!!!! Can't wait to see pics.

Unknown said...

Hope you are having a blast!!!!

kelly 's a riot said...

DC & NYC---wow, y'all are totally living like rockstars this week:) take lots of cute pix and get some rest, mama!

alicia said...

Okay, so I need an update and lots of pics! Hope you are having fun.

Unknown said...

OMG! if you remember the days of us watching the Chiolero kids and the fun that was - I am excited that you now have your own to watch after:) Many blessings and prayers for healthy and happy babies :)

Megan said...

I keep checking to hear about this trip that you went on! Brad said that Cary said it was awesome! I want to see some pics:)

Anonymous said...

Bless your hearts. I am so glad you are all better :)

Is the pillow like a mommy boppy? Because that's what I had when I was pregnant with Jackson, and I'm pretty convinced Jesus made it ...
because it's that good.