Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 14, 2008

Sickies at our house


Our poor boys... Caden had the stomach flu on Friday, was better Saturday and was sick again Sunday night. We were at my cousins Senior Vocal Recital. We had just gotten their when he lost lunch and dinner all over me. So I washed up as well as I could and we endured. He was happy as can be, or we would have gone home right then and there. I shouldn't have been surprised though because he got sick on me every time he threw up on Friday. At least then we were at home and I could change. I think Sunday night was a fluke though, because he's been great since that one moment. He slept nearly the whole day away, which I think is great for him. At least he could sleep through the miserableness of it. Carson got the nasty bug today, and has been miserable for most of the day. Poor baby. He still doesn't want to eat anything, but is happily eating a pedialite popsicle. He seems a little more active this evening, so hopefully we're on the end of it and no one else in our home will get it. I've been puked on enough for the year. ;)

8 comments:

Deb said...

Oh, man, I am not looking forward to that part of motherhood! I bet you felt like you were stinky the whole night! Nothing like the smell of vomit to brighten one's evening! I am so glad both of the boys are on the mend. The picture of Carson is so sad...

E. Michelle said...

wow, he is such a beautiful, even if sick, baby.

Unknown said...

i'm so sorry that the barf bug made it up to CO. Poor things. We all had it so bad down here for so long. Feel better guys!!!

Nicki W. said...

yucky :(
luckily, those illnessed are usually short lived!

alicia said...

Sorry you are having to have the sickies in your home! Not fun at all. I'll be praying for you.

Michelle said...

Awwww, poor babies!!! I hate when a child is sick. Right now Addyson has a runny nose....
I'm praying for you guys
Carson looks so cute even though he is sick. Love the pot beside him....ah I remember those days...haha

Rach said...

RYC: Thanks Melissa, it truly is so sad. It was my sister Beka's friend...she didn't go to Lifestyle. Thanks for your prayers.

I hope your boys are over the sickies...throw up is so nasty! You are one tough Mama!! I know this may sound crazy, but I can't tell which of your boys is in that picture on your bed. It looks just like Carson but I know you are talking about Caden primarily...whichever one it is, he looks so angelic and precious sleeping there. I love sleeping babies! :)

Anonymous said...

Bless those babies hearts, as well as mama's. Isn't it just the worst thing when they are sick? Jack had the flu last year, and really spent time wondering if they had a shot for broken Mama heart. I felt so sad for that poor baby. I hope everyone is on the mend soon.

I agree with Rachel above - I can't tell which of the boys it is either! And whoever it is reminds me a lot of Jack as well. I actually did a double take when I saw the picture, wondering why you had a pictue of my child on your site :)

Speedy recovery!