Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

DC, NYC and some random catching up

I think I've gotten so far behind that I have just continued to put this off.... so.... I'm going to make this largely a picture blog with some narration here and there... But I really do want to share our trip with everyone. It was truly awesome and one I will never forget!

Our time in DC was a short one. We had a little more than 24 hours to cram in as much sight seeing as possible, so we spent a lot of our time around the Capital Mall and we also went to the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History. It was so much walking and I was totally worn out the next day, but it was so worth it! Since you all know what the buildings look like, I'll just include a few landmark type pictures. I had been super excited about seeing the apple blossoms around the area, but we missed them by a week or two. We did get to see some gorgeous ones in NYC though!

Photobucket

The WWII Memorial:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

On Thursday morning, we drove to NYC where we picked up our friends Joey and Natalie, and headed to the loft where we were staying. It was truly amazing. The loft was gorgeous and state of the art. It was very contemporary in it's decorating. We were right in the middle of Time Square next door to the M&M factory store and across the street from the Hershey's store. It's still overwhelming!

The view from our balcony:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Taking in the city... It didn't seem to matter what time of day it was, there were people EVERYWHERE! You know this before you go, but it's so odd to see in person...
Photobucket

Photobucket

The guys had flowers delivered to the loft for Natalie and I. It was such a sweet surprise.
Photobucket

Our first night there, we didn't have dinner plans, and just kind of walked around looking for pizza. This hole in the wall was recommended, and was really good, but we were pretty scared to see what might be behind this door. It was just kind of gross feeling as restaurants go...
Photobucket

The view from the roof access of our building (How cool is that!!??)
Photobucket

Photobucket

The next day, the guys had set up pedicures and massages for Natalie and I at this awesome day spa called Cornelia's. It was SO nice! Then we got ready and met the guys for lunch at a deli before heading to Soho for a little shopping. We went to Century 21 that day. It was so overwhelming, but I did find a cute purse there. And of course we checked out the Statue of Liberty:
Photobucket

Photobucket

And Ellis Island:
Photobucket

Then we headed down to Little Italy and had dinner at this great Italian restaurant.

On Saturday, we headed to Central Park. So cool!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

hahahaha!
Photobucket

I LOVE this pic of Joey & Natalie. It's how I see them when I think of them...
Photobucket

Then we had lunch at the famed Serendipity III. It was SO good! It definitely lived up to my hopes! :) Obviously, Natalie and I were much more excited about this prospect than the guys were...
Photobucket

We took it easy Saturday afternoon, but that evening we got all dolled up and had dinner at a place called GILT. It definitely makes you feel a little guilt by the awesomeness of the food and the steepness of the cost, but it was SO worth it, and we all agreed it was a once in a lifetime opportunity. It was in an old mansion across from St Patrick's Cathedral. I WISH we had brought our camera but we decided not to bring it along when we were all dressed up... I know... in hindsight, what were we thinking???? Anyway, dinner was probably the most amazing dining experience I've ever had, and was one of those places where each patron has their own waiter and there is a butler who explains each course, and before you've even decided you're heading to the ladies room, someone is helping you with your chair. Truly amazing.

After dinner, Joey was feeling pretty worn out, so he rested while Natalie, Cary and I headed down to Rockefeller Center to see the lights and everything. I'm so glad we did, because it was truly gorgeous!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Sunday, we shopped at H&M which may very well be my new favorite store. I so wish that they had an website you could shop on...but rumor has it that Denver may be getting an H&M store in 2009. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. While Natalie and I were taking our time, Cary went to snap a few pics of St Patrick's...
Photobucket

And then we headed to Rockefeller Center to have lunch and take a few last pics before Cary and I had to head to the airport.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

It was such an awesome, once in a lifetime trip. We were so excited to get home to the boys, but it really was sad to leave!
Photobucket

During the week that we were gone, the boys seemed to have grown up so much. It always seems like this, but here were some fun things that happened our first week home...
Caden discovered that if he climbed on his toys, he could see out our front windows...
Photobucket

Carson discovered that he could lower himself into our smaller window well to get his ball...he also discovered that he could NOT get himself out... Cary and I laughed SO hard! And then we told him to NEVER EVER do that again. :)
Photobucket

We had our first day warm enough for sprinklers. Carson loved it.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Caden wanted to love it.
Photobucket

Photobucket

But he didn't.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Carson was a little concerned...
Photobucket

And Caden was still mad about the cold sprinkler water.
Photobucket

Just so you know...all of the sprinkler shots were shot over a total of about 2 minutes. I know...mean mommy...but I just couldn't help myself! :)

4 comments:

alicia said...

yeah for the updates and all the pics! Ya'll looked like you had a great time. I love the city and wish I lived close to home for that reason. Melissa, you looked great. You look like they say when you are glowing. Just happy. Thanks for the updates. And if I didn't tell you happy Mother's Day, I am sorry. Forgetful mind. Happy Mother's Day.

Michelle said...

Thanks so much for the lovely update. You guys look like you had such a blast in the Big City. Makes a person want to go experience everything themselves. I'm sure it was relaxing in it's own way, preparing you for baby number 3.
I love the sprinkler shots of the boy, even if Caden was crying. lol
Addyson LOVES the water and can't wait until she is big enough to run around in the sprinkler. I can't believe how big your boys are getting!! And to think you have another one on the way. You are one blessed lady. Take care of yourself, not much time left until the 3rd one comes. Have you thought of any names???

Unknown said...

oh the trip looked amazing!! It made me so wish we were there again! How wonderful!

The boys are getting so so big. I couldn't believe it was Carson's birthday yesterday. I kept thinking, no it can't me, can it??? How wonderful! Hayden loved the cake and wants a "BIG BIG BIG BIG Dooah" cake for her birthday :)

Rach said...

What a fun and amazing trip! I so want to go there! What is H&M? I guess I am not up-to-date! The pictures were great. I love the pics of crying Caden in the water and stuck Carson! Very funny!! I'm glad you guys had such a great trip!!