Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Happy 3rd Birthday, Carson!!

I can hardly believe 3 years has passed since we welcomed our first son into this world. He is so smart and so funny, and I feel so blessed to call him mine. I am honored to be his Mommy. I am overwhelmed that God has seen fit to allow us to shape his sweet heart. He is such a big boy. There is so little toddler left in him, and I am amazed every day at the things he knows. He is so funny and has such a huge imagination and large personality. He keeps us guessing and giggling all the time.

We celebrated Carson's birthday this past Saturday at Chuck E. Cheese, which was quite a hit with him. Chuck E. came and sang to him and he got to play all of the games. It was tons of fun. DeAnne (Grandma DeeDee) and Stephanie (Auntie Stephanie) got to come to enjoy the day as well as Mother's Day, which was such a nice surprise and we also had lots of our other friends and family with us at the party. After having several parties at home, I have to say that this one was much easier on Cary and I as parents. We got there, and everything was ready and we just enjoyed the time. Then when we decided we were done, someone else cleaned up for us! Yay for that! :) It really was such a fun time!

Photobucket

He was quite intense with his game concentration...
Photobucket

Loving on Auntie Stephanie:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Miss Brittany (one of our very sweet youth girls) was our hostess. YAY!! :)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Mother's Day
Our Mother's Day was relaxed and so nice as Sunday's go! We all headed to my parents' home after lunch and Dad and Cary and the rest of the non-mom's cooked dinner - so yummy! And then we basked in the sun while the boys (my boys) played in the yard. Just a few pictures from the day...

Photobucket

Carson decided he wanted to climb Poppi's (my dad's) trees, and Caden followed suit...
Photobucket

Photobucket


Note: I know I've been behind on blogging about major things for a while now, so I just wanted to say that if you have time, see the post below... I finally updated on our DC/NYC trip. :)

8 comments:

Rach said...

Happy Birthday Carson!!!!!!!!! I can't believe he is 3!! Gosh they grow so fast! The party at Chuck E. Cheese looked like fun and quite the success! I love your hair!!!

alicia said...

How cute! What a great idea for Chuck E. Cheese. No set up and no clean up. I will have to keep that in mind. Sounds like a dream. Ha.

Natalie Powers said...

Hi there. Thanks so much for the post and the info on the pillow. I am really needing it. :)

Your blog is great. I really enjoy reading about your family. My son, Jackson is in love with Diego too. Ha.

Thanks so much again. Good luck the next 19 weeks or so. :) I'll be checking in on you.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Carson!! He looks like such a big boy...:) LOVED all the pics you posted and by the way...your hair looks so PRETTY!!! I love it!! Love and miss ya'll.....Hugs.....Brittney

Deb said...

The more pics of you guys I see the more excited I get about coming in three weeks!!!!! I have noted that birthday should always be somewhere other than home... thanks for that advice! You look fantastic! I have always loved your hair, but esp. curly.

Anonymous said...

My goodness. So big! He's gotten so tall and thin! I cannot believe how fast these kids are growing up!

and ryc- I will no longer be accepting open waters from our refrigerators - especially on long walks :)

Anonymous said...

Shoot, I knew I had more to say.

Your hair is getting so long! Fun!!!

It looks like Chuck E. Cheese was perfect for a third birthday party! Were either of the boys freaked out by Chuck or his friends?

And now the Diego theme song is stuck in my head :) Again :) (Dia - gooooooo!)

Anonymous said...

Carson,
Papaw & Gigi wish we could have been with you on your birthday. It looks like you had a great party and a fun time. We miss and love you very much and hope to see you soon.
Hugs & Kisses,
Papaw & Gigi