Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, July 09, 2007

Teeth & Rice Cereal

Poor Caden was miserable almost the whole time we were in Arkansas. I know everyone was thinking I must be crazy thinking that he was an easy baby. He was just so out of sorts. I'm sure it was because of his teeth coming in, because by Saturday, he was back to his normal happy, smiley self. I promised a picture of Caden with his teeth... He cut his first tooth on Sunday, July 1st, and his second on Friday, July 6th. Here's the best picture I could get of his teeth...it seems he is constantly rubbing his tongue on them. :)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

While he was cutting teeth, he did not sleep very well. I think it was both the teeth and the fact that he wasn't sleeping in his crib. When we got home, he still woke up several times through the night, so yesterday, we decided to start him on rice cereal, and voila! He slept 12 1/2 hours last night! :) When I woke up for the first time at 8:30 this morning, I couldn't believe it! He also made up for lost sleep today and took several long naps. Hopefully he'll sleep well again tonight thanks to the cereal filling his belly. He really did well with it. After the first few bites he started to expect the spoon, and he ate everything I had made for him. Carson kept wanting to taste it, so we had to give him regular cereal so he would feel a part. I think this was the first time he truly felt that he wasn't the center of attention, and he didn't quite get it. He kept trying to get our attention. It was pretty funny. He didn't mind that Caden was eating though, or that he used his highchair. Today, he kept referring to the highchair as "Taden's chair." Here are some fun pictures from his first experience with "food"

First time in the highchair:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And just for all of the grandparents, aunts and uncles, a short video clip for your viewing pleasure:

4 comments:

Rach said...

How cute! I remember those cereal days!! Carson is so cute talking in the background! Was he saying "Taden" or "spitting?" So cute!!

Jamie said...

Hey! I'm finally a blogger...so now I can keep up with all you guys' lives...your babes are adorable..especially when they spit up all their cereal :)

Anonymous said...

I love the video!!! Too cute!! Bless Caden's heart.....I know he didnt feel good while he was down here, cutting 2 teeth within a few days would make anyone cranky. Anyways, I totally understood, all 3 of my boys were cranky each time they cut teeth....but, once their in...they are back to normal. Anyways, we love ya'll.

Brittney

Anonymous said...

Oh! I haven't heard your voice in so long I almost started crying! Oh, so sentimental :)

What a cute video!!! Both of those boys are just too cute for words! Sweeties :)