Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Check Ups

Carson & Caden had check-ups today. They are a little behind schedule, but with vacations and the doctor's schedule, this was the earliest we could get in. Anyway, the appointments went well, and the boys wowed the docs and nurses. Carson showed off his moves, and Caden flirted. They both had to have shots, but only cried for a bit, which I was thankful for because I only had my two hands to sooth them. They really did well!

Now for the stats...

At 2 years, almost 2 months old, our little bit, Carson, weighed 25 lbs., 6 oz. He's in the 15th percentile for weight. He is 33" tall, which puts him in the 8th percentile for height. Our doctor said he's doing really well, and actually went up in weight since his last appointment. She said that a lot of kids lose weight during their 2nd year. She said that just because he is little now, does not mean that he will be small necessarily, but that some boys grow slowly. I'll remind him of this when he's 14.

At almost 5 months old, Caden is 15 lbs., 2 oz., 32nd percentile for weight. He is 27" tall, which is the 91st percentile for height!! Our doctor was super impressed with his development, and remarked at how strong he is. She couldn't believe how well he rolled over (EVERY time she tried to check anything on him). At this rate, I'll have to teach Caden not to pick on his "little" brother by the time they are 3 and 5!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah for great checkups!! I'm anxious to see what Hayden's will be like at 2yrs.

Unknown said...

RYC: Just pray pray pray...I'm hoping I won't be confined to the bed. They don't seem to be worried about me being up and about they just want to have constant monitoring of the girls. So hopefully at least I can walk around the hospital and meet the nurses :)

I'm guessing this means Cabo is out and that so bums me out. I was really hoping to go :( THanks for the invite and don't hesitate to again down the road :)

Michelle said...

Aw your boys are growing so fast!! They sound to be doing so well, thats so exciting. I can't believe how fast they grow.
Thanks for all your comments, sometimes I get so busy I forget to comment on others. Most the time I'm one handed too, that's been a challenge to get used to. Ha

Deb said...

Well, this means that if Carson and Julia end up together, he will need a step stool for kissing her! A Kayln and Lori type of look. LOL Too cute. You never know, the boys may end up to be the same height. You will definitely get an idea in about 12 years. Carson may not have height, but his good looks will make up for that!!!!

Rach said...

What a fun post...I love stat updates! I didn't realize Carson was a "little bit!" He looks like a big boy to me!! Hudson is a half-pint himself...I guess they do grow slowly?! Yea for the boys doing well after both having shots! I would have made Derek go with me! :) You are superMom!

Deborah said...

Oh how fun! Updates are so exciting!! Both boys are precious...I know you are so proud!! I have no idea what it's like to have a "little bit" for a child!! Colton was off the charts for a long time!! He's now in about the 85% I think for both weight and height! He has always been a big boy! Maybe my next child...a girl I hope...will be a "little bit". But, I don't know why I'm worrying now about...I got plenty of time to wait!!! lol Keep the updates coming...it makes us feel like you aren't so far away!!

Anonymous said...

Hey girl!!! Awesome check-ups the boys had! I saw the pic that you had posted of you and Cary so I posted one of me and Ash as well. I am still trying to figure out this whole blog thing...lol. But, i did accomplish doing adding that picture, and for the first time I was able to put my new post with my paragraph above the pictures instead of the pictures above my paragrahp....lol. But I'm learning. Anyways, I am so proud of the boys check-ups and that is a great pic of you and cary as well......love it. Brittney

Rach said...

How adorable!!!! I so wish Hudson and Carson could play together!! Your comment made me laugh and smile!! So super cute!!

Anonymous said...

Deborah said what I was going to say - so fun to have a little bit :) Jack is 32 lbs at 10 months.

My back hurts :)

Your boys are always adorable! I always mean to come by here more often, but chasing Jack around keeps me from doing a lot of things I plan to do. I'll have to make a more concerted effort, though, because your sweeties are growing up faster than I thought!:)

Unknown said...

yay!! i read that comment so many times trying to figure out who i thought it was but i never once thought you :) lol. Thanks for the prayers, and keep them coming! i'm feeling a major peace about everything, even when i do hear all the negative. i know that my babes can feel that peace and i don't want them to take on any undo stress. really my only worry is hayden, i know she will be fine, but this is so no the way i wanted this transition to be for her. i guess its good she is so young. maybe she won't realize how long i am gone and she won't remember it down the road either.