Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy New Year

Hope everyone is having a wonderful night ringing in the New Year! I can't believe it is 2007. Cary is with a bunch of our youth at a Nuggets game tonight. I was supposed to be there, but yesterday morning, I got up to go to the bathroom and tripped and fell. So now I have a bum foot and am on crutches. Yuck! Not only does it hurt, but I can't do anything, and I have so much to do in the next 6 weeks to get ready for Caden! We had to go to the ER in Houston on Saturday, and they did xrays and checked Caden because I had fallen. Nothing is broken, and Caden seemed to be doing well when they were monitoring him. The docs think that I tore some ligaments, but they said I just need to stay off it for a few weeks. If it doesn't get better by then, I'll have to go see an orthopedic surgeon or a pediatrist....I so don't have time for it to be something major... I'm praying that it heals really fast, so I can at least get some things done in time. Plus, poor Carson doesn't understand why I'm not doing as much for him. Anyway, if you think about it, pray that I get better fast!

Houston was so much fun! We had such a great time spending time with Cary's family and our friends, and Carson loved getting to know everyone better. Carson was so much fun at Christmas, and really got into unwrapping his presents. In fact, the word "presents" will grab his attention now no matter what he is doing. Christmas was wonderful, and we have all been absolutely spoiled! :) We came home with 6 bags to check and then had Christmas with my family this morning! Good thing Cary has elite status on our airline or getting home would have cost a fortune!!! Cary combined my Christmas gift with a gift that he was going to give me when Caden was born, and I got gorgeous 1/2 carat princess cut diamond earings! :) I have pictures to post, but I can't get to my camera right now...I'll post them soon.

Happy New Year everyone!! :)

4 comments:

Deborah said...

Oh my goodness, you poor thing! I will definitely pray for fast healing! You definitely don't have time for this right now! It was so good to see you guys and hang out! Carson is adorable! Such a cutie! I just wish we had all been able to fit in a baby playdate for all of us blog moms! Oh well, maybe next time! Congrats on the earings. I am sure they are beautiful!

Unknown said...

I second Deborah!! It was wonderful to see you guys and nang out. And I must say your bowling skills are fabulous! :)

I'll be praying for your foot. That really stinks. I hope it heals quickly and I'm so glad Caden was ok.

Rach said...

Goodness! I'm glad everything is ok!! I wish we could have seen you guys while you were home. It sucks that I'm just missing you by a couple of days. Can't wait to see pics of you, the earrings, and Carson and Cary of course! :) We can't wait to see Caden either!! I'm really glad you are ok after the fall. I bet you were scared!

Nicki W. said...

girl, you are just taking after me tripping and falling! i know you are probably frustrated, but just hang in there! you are almost done. i am so thankful that you and your little man are ok!