Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, December 11, 2006

Home again

I suppose I should update...

We are home now, of course - and I have a fun picture from our luau that I need to post, but I've been to lazy to scan it in. We had such a good time on our trip! Then last Friday, Cary and I went to Salt Lake City for his office Christmas Party. He and I and our friends Joey and Natalie made a weekend out of it, and we had a great time catching up! Cary and I spent the day together Saturday and found Carson's christmas outfit - an oh so cute sweater that will make him look SO grown up, and Caden's coming home outfit, which is SO cute and absolutely tiny!! Here's the jumper, and we got a shirt and hat to match.

Then on Sunday, we had our church Christmas party, which is always a blast with the variety show. Carson was so excited that we were home from our weekend, and he seems to have learned so much in just 2 days. It's funny how that happens.

Oh, we had another prenatal appointment last Tuesday, and all is well. My weight is fine, and Caden's heartbeat was a strong 150. I had to do my glucose test, and I actually like the drink so I can't complain to much. :) We go back in 4 weeks, so by then I'll be 34 weeks or close to it. I can't believe we are so close to the end... I hope everything comes together on the house. I think it will, and Cary promises it will, so here's holding out hope! :) Cary is working hard getting tile laid in the kitchen this week, and then we leave Tuesday for Houston. I'm getting really excited, and I can't believe that Christmas is so close!!! I love traveling, but I do have to say that it is beginning to wear on my very pregnant body. I think my increased braxton hicks contractions have been mostly due to our busy schedule, but they are annoying none the less. I'm glad that our trip to Houston will be an extended 10 day trip, and not a rushed one...it might send me into labor! :) Just kidding folks, we're hanging in there for the long haul, I'm pretty sure.

Oh speaking of labor, we also have our hospital tour tomorrow, and I'm really excited about that. From what I can tell from the online tour, the prenatal ward at the hospital I'm delivering at is closer to a hotel with good room service than a hospital. Yay for that! It makes it almost worth it that we have to drive an hour to get there - as long as we make it on D-day! :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea for an exciting update!! I can't believe you are so close already!! The outfit is adorable!! That is so exciting that you get a 10 day vacation! I may just have to make an extra trip home so I can see you guys!! I'm so excited for you guys getting to meet Caden soon!! :) :)

Unknown said...

Yay!!! I am so glad you guys are coming here soon. I think we are scheduled to see you at the Shepards on christmas eve!! whoohoo! I can't believe you are about to have little Caden. So fun. I think this has flown by on the blog...maybe not for you though. See you soon!! Hayden is so excited to see Carson!

Nicki W. said...

melissa,
i think all of my little contractions were BH contractions--not painful, but definitely there! i think it's funny you like the glucose drink! i did not think it was near as bad as what i had heard, but i would not really want the stuff again anytime soon!

Unknown said...

hey i keep forgetting to ask you for an address to send your christmas card to...can you email it to me please :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, you are so brave. I didn't even want to leave town to go to work during my last two months for fear that Jack would drop out in the car : )

Of course, I expect I'll be a little more realistic the next go 'round. But you're still so brave : )