Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Just so I don't start getting panicked calls...

for not posting in a while - I'm still hanging in there. :) I just haven't had a lot of interesting things to say. I'm officially transitioned into my new position at Baylor. I'm really enjoying it so far, but I have so much to learn!! It's definitely kept me occupied.

Cary's gone this week - yep, he's in Kentucky for work until Friday. Oh, and my OB is not in the office, although she can be reached in case of emergency, so really, this would be incredibly bad timing for me to go into labor. Not that I'm worried, I just figure if I say that maybe Carson will listen. Really though, anytime after Friday is fine with me :) I just can't wait to meet this little guy! Anyway, I'm spending my week in preparation mode. Last night, I returned some things that we have received that we didn't need and got the cutest little overall outfit from Kohl's for $10!! It was on sale for 60% off!! Way to go!! Then I went to Target and Toys R Us and got a few more crib sheets and some stuff that we'll need for the hospital bag, which I plan on packing sometime this week. Most people would find this awfully boring, but I loved every minute! Then, I went home and started washing bedding and blankets and Carson's 0-3 month stuff. So fun!! - no really!! If you've ever been an expectant mom, you will understand.

Tonight is girls night!! My friends Debbie and Staci and I are going to grab a bite to eat and have fun. OH! and Staci just found out that she will be induced on the 10th!! Woo-hoo Staci!!! So exciting!! And!! Her toes will be pretty for it because she and I are going to get pedicures on the 4th - something every big prego should do!! :) Silly, I know - I told you I had nothing of interest to say! :)

Oh, quick Texarkana update - The weekend went very well, and we had a lot of fun. We're still praying about it, and I'll let you know if we come to a decision. I must say though that all of our attention has been stolen by this upcoming birth - it makes it hard to prepare for or consider much else.

Also, the weekly "check" update: As of last Friday, I am dilated to a 1 and 60% effaced. Woo-hoo!! Come on Carson!! :) I won't have an update for this week, because as I mentioned earlier, my OB is not in the office, so it will just be a weight and blood pressure visit. Hopefully that means that by next week (39 weeks!!!) I will have made mad progress towards this birth! :) Keep praying for a speedy and easy delivery! :)

Thanks everyone!!

6 comments:

alicia said...

Yeah!!! You make it sound so exciting. You may think you don't have anything interesting to say but it is all very interesting on this end. I will be praying for you and the baby and Cary! OH I am so excited for ya'll. Can't wait.

KriSTeN said...

ya! you go girl! i know it will all work out. hope you have a good girls night. you will be a momma soon! very soon!

KriSTeN said...

ya! you go girl! i know it will all work out. hope you have a good girls night. you will be a momma soon! very soon!

Anonymous said...

I was beginning to wonder. . .
mel, you and carson will do awesome.

Michelle said...

OH my !! I just love babies...you are going to have so much fun! I dont even really know you and I'm so excited! I can't hardly wait for my turn :) You guys make is sound so fun!

Deborah said...

lol...all of those things that you are doing right now or planning to do this week were part of the most exciting things that I looked forward to and enjoyed doing. I loved washing and folding all of his clothes, and organizing everything, and packing, and re-packing my bag! I got a pedicure two days before I had Colton, so my toes looked great. I got comments on them, even while I was pushing!!! Well, I know you are enjoying this time. I am so excited for you! You just wait, it gets even better!!!