Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 17, 2005

We finally have a nursery!!!

Cary went and picked up the nursery furniture yesterday, so last night after dinner our wonderful and very helpful friends, Roy & Debbie, helped us put everything together. Actually, Roy & Cary put it together, and Debbie and I went to ToysRUs and bought the crib mattress and changing pad. What great friends!!

Funny story about the ToysRUs trip: Debbie and I were putting the stuff in the trunk, and I had to let the back seats down so the mattress could come through the trunk into the back of the car. So I got in the front of our 2-door honda accord and reached back for the lever to let the seats down, and my stomach got stuck between the seats - ha ha! I had to literally lift myself up between the seats so that I could reach the lever - really glad no one had to see that!!!

I did help put the last dresser together, so I got to help a little. Then, Cary and I stayed up until almost 1 putting all of the baby stuff we have together and putting the bedding in the crib and such. We still have quite a bit to do, but I definitely feel a little less stressed since we have a place for Carson now! Also, the furniture is beautiful and it's starting to look really cute. Now I just have to figure out what to put on the walls. We were going to paint, but now we're not sure if we are going to or not. I found some cute children's prints of a car and a truck that I might buy and frame for the nursery, and I think that I want to frame some scripture verses. I'm also considering hanging the quilt that came with the bedding behind the crib. We'll see. Anyway, I'll post some pictures soon so you can see our progress. It definitely made this all seem real for us! What, you mean there is a reason my stomach has gotten this big??

In other news, my mom and sister, Kelsey, are coming to visit us this next week. They get here Sunday and I absolutely cannot wait!! I have a doctor's appt Tuesday, so the four of us, Mom, Kelsey, Cary and I, are going to cram into the little room so they can here Carson's heartbeat. Very fun! Monday is our first childbirth class - we are getting so close!! And Wednesday, our friends Debbie (one of the afore mentioned wonderful people), Holly & Kelly (who are equally sweet and wonderful) are throwing us a baby shower. Woo-hoo!!!! What fun things I have to look forward too! Oh, and I almost forgot, I took off work Tuesday through Thursday while they are here this next week, and then I get Friday and Monday off for Easter, so after Monday, I get a whole 8 days off of work!!! Yeah!!!!! I am so so so excited!

Hope your days are as fun as mine!! :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

YEah sounds like you had an exciting week so far. I'm sure you are so relieved and having fun! Can't wait to see the nursery.

alicia said...

That is so cute! I am so excited for ya'll. I can't wait to see baby Carson in person. I wish we lived closer. I am prayin for you too. Have a great time with the family!