Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 07, 2005

Babymoon and Doctor Appointments

We had absolutely so much fun this weekend!!! We got to hang out with some friends Wednesday night. Thursday, we checked into our hotel and did the riverwalk thing and shopped a bit. We saw Million Dollar Baby - which is a great movie - and had dinner at a steakhouse on the riverwalk. I can't remember the name of it. Oh, and when we got back to our room, they had delivered chocolate covered strawberries for us. :) Friday, Cary had to work a bit in the morning, so I slept in and watched TV. Then once we got around, we went to the Spanish Market and had lunch at Mi Tierra's - yum! That night, we got to see Allison Krauss and Union Station in concert and we had tickets in the center of the TENTH ROW!!!! It was such a good concert - one of the best I've been to - and they were so funny! FUN!!! FUN!!! Saturday, we had breakfast in bed, which by the way is one of my very favorite things to do in a hotel, and then Cary had set up an appointment for me to have a facial and a manicure. On top of that, which is already fantastic, when I got to my appointment, he had flowers waiting for me with a super sweet card!! Isn't he just the best, most romantic husband!! :) Oh, and the spa was so cool - just like the ones you see in the movies! You get there, and they bring you to this little room and give you a robe and sandals. Once you are changed, they come and bring you water with lemon, and take you to a relaxation room with dim lighting, magazines and soft music. Then you go for your treatment, which is wonderful!! And after your treatment, they bring you more water with lemon and grapes to snack on. It was definitely pampering at it's best!! :) SOOO NICE!! After that, we went and had lunch with our friends Chris and Erica at Zio's. It was so nice to get to catch up with them. They are the kind of friends that even when you don't see each other for a long time, it's easy to pick up right where you left off. Those are some of the best kind, I think. Oh, and then we went shopping at Baby Gap and got Carson's coming home outfit - since this trip was in his honor. It's this great little grass green polo onesie that has stripes across the chest, khaki cargo shorts and socks to match the shirt. Super cute!!

Well, after our fabulous weekend - and all of that food, which I didn't think twice about enjoying, I had a Dr.'s appointment today. I was a little concerned about the dreaded scale. So, I go in and get all of my vitals taken, get on the scale, and it turns out, I lost a pound - go figure. I'm beginning to wonder if there is a correlation here - when I'm careful about what I eat, I gain - however moderately - and when I eat everything I can get my hands on, I lose - or maybe it was just the walking around San Antonio that kept me in check. At any rate, it was a very nice surprise. The rest of the appointment went well. Carson played hide-and-go-seek from our doctor. She couldn't catch his heartbeat in one place for more than a few seconds. He was just all over the place - kind of fun. Tomorrow, I have to go have a gestational diabetes test - which is normal, so not to worry. I get to go in and drink this orange drink that has tons of sugar on an empty stomach - blech!! Then I get to wait an hour and have my blood drawn. Hope I'm in the mood for sugar!! :)

Happy Monday, everybody!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like ya'll had a great time. SO fun!! And Mi Tierra's is definitely the greatest restaurant ever and a must-go-to anytime you're near San Antonio. I'm so glad you had a wonderful relaxing pampering time!!

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of my very romatic son in law!! I am happy that you both had a wonderful and romatic weekend! Can't wait to see Carson in your big tummy missy anners!!
lOVE,
Bella

Rach said...

Hi Melissa,
You probably don't remember meeting me, but I am Stephanie Yocum's best friend from high school--I met you at Lindsay and BJ's wedding. Anyway, I was looking at Lindsay's blog and saw the link to yours, so I figured I'd check it out! I am so excited that you are about to have a baby! I know Stephanie is thrilled! Good luck w/the rest of the pregnancy and tell Cary hello for me!

Rachel Moore

alicia said...

Hey Melissa,
I wish we could have been able to hang out more, but Josh is still sick. He was better over the weekend and now he is back to being sick. 103 fever! Not good. I just started my own blog, but I am very new at it and I am not sure how to get around. Maybe you can lend some info like how to get a ticker on there. I want to put our count down to our anniversary on there. Email me aliciaallard@yahoo.com. I'm glad that ya'll had a great weekend. It sounded like you got treated really well! Good job Cary! Now, you can teach Josh how to do that. Just kidding. My husband is great too!