Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 27, 2005

MIA

Sorry I've been absent - this is likely to be a huge post!! I've had so much fun with my mom and sister here, and it seems like we've been going non stop. They left Friday morning, so I've spent the last few days resting and recouping. I can hardly believe they will be coming back in 7 or so weeks for Carson's birth! Crazy.

Oh, quick update on the week... the doctor's appointment Tuesday went well, and yes, we all crammed into the little exam room and mom videotaped Carson's heartbeat. It was a fun experience to say the least. Quite amusing. The shower Wednesday was so much fun. We are truly blessed to have so many friends that care so much for us. I almost feel that if Carson came now, we would have the necessary things to take care of him - for the most part. We got plenty of super cute outfits, bath stuff, the stroller and carseat set and the pack'n'play. Oh, and mom spent all of her free time at our house sewing fun things for Carson - receiving blankets, covers for our changing pad and my little rocker, decorative burp cloths, an awesome diaper bag that matches the stroller and carseat, and changing pads to match. So fun! I have the coolest diaper bag ever!! Oh, and we got a glider - did I mention that in a previous post? Well, in case I didn't, we found it at JCPenneys and had a gift card to there as well, so all in all the glider and ottoman cost us $100. It matches the other furniture so well and is comfy to boot! This has been such a great week! Here are some pictures from this week:


This is my mom and sisters and I at Carson's shower.

Here is the front and back of my super-cool diaper bag


Here is a picture of some of the stuff my mom made for Carson - she's so good!


And finally, an updated belly pic. 33 weeks or 8 months and a week.

It's finally starting to seem real in a not-so-real sort of way. I mean, what exactly am I supposed to expect with all of this? I told Cary yesterday that although I am truly excited, I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to be excited about. Yes, I know, we're having a baby, but I guess what I am trying to say is that, since I have not done this before, I really don't know what it will be like or what exactly I'm supposed to expect. I guess for now, I will revel in the fact that I am going to be a mom for the very first time to a little boy that knows no more than I do... a little boy that God created with Cary and I, especially for us to raise and to lead him back to his creator. I suppose I will revel in all of my dreams and hopes for him, and hope that in the end, he is an independent, strong individual that serves God with all of his heart, can stand on his own two feet, and yet, still desires to spend time with his adoring folks.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow!! All your mom's creations look fantastic!! And you, as always missy, look fab as well!! Only a few more weeks!!

Anonymous said...

Ooohhh, darlin'! You're gonna be such a good momma. I'm so proud of you! :)