Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Da-Da-Da!!

There is something quite unnerving about stepping on a scale in a doctor's office when you know that you have gained weight. It doesn't seem to help any that I'm supposed to be gaining weight. Maybe I'm the only one that experiences this, but I actually get nervous. Dumb, huh? The funny thing is, I've never been super concerned about my weight - I don't even own a bathroom scale! At least I'm on target and at the lower end of what's considered normal range for seven months of pregnancy. It still makes my blood pressure rise - I'm sure of it.

I'll assume you have guessed by now...had a doctor appointment this morning. All is well with me and Carson. Things are going along smoothly, and we have 11 weeks and 2 days left until our due date. Very excited about that.

The Discovery Health Channel has been playing birthing stories like crazy lately, and I can't get enough. I love them! Yesterday, they had a series called Birth Day Live that they have once a year and it's birthing stories for 8 hours straight - awesome!!! It makes Cary a little squeemish, but I'd even watch them through dinner if he'd let me! :) Did I mention I used to want to be a doctor? It makes me wish all the more that this time would go by quickly.

Can't wait until he's here!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh I definitely watched like four hours of those births last night. BJ won't watch though. I told him I wan to be prepared for anything that might happen. I love it!!

Melissa said...

I know!! I figure that my experience can't be as bad as the worst ones they show, and if it is, well, then I know someone else made it through before me! :) I can hardly wait!!

Anonymous said...

mel, you know what? i had an awesome delivery and I owe it all to the Bradley breathing exercises. really. I was so afraid of morphing into some sort of godzilla during labor, but the breathing really put me in control over all but the most intense contractions. Before the Bradley people get too happy, I was also induced, which i was sad about, but had made peace with. I had an open mind about an epidural and had one right as I hit 10 cm so it didn't slow down labor or anything. Bradley is all about no medicines, I am all about a satisfying birth experience. Which I had. peace and blessings!

Anonymous said...

This is Deborah, Lindsay's friend...I met you at her wedding...I worked with Stephanie at Rockfish...Anyway, I occassionally read your blog, as I loved being pregnant and enjoy reading and hearing about others pregnancies. Anyway, when I was pregnant with my son, I didn't have to work, so I stayed home all day and did nothing but watch Birth Day, A Baby Story, and any other baby shows. It was great! I was addicted. But, I wanted to be prepared for anything. And in the end, I had a wonderful labor. It was great! I am very excited for you and Cary, and little Carson. Congrats! Just wanted to drop a note and say hi.

deb