Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Clumsy AND stupid

On top of the many times I've proven how pregnancy can make smart women suddenly turn stupid, I've now proven that it makes them clumsy as well.

Last Monday, I slammed my own foot in our front door as I was closing it. This is on top of the numerous dishes I've broken and the mysterious bruises that show up on my body. How did I do this you might ask? No idea. Somehow, I turned to grab the door knob and forgot to move my foot out of the way. At any rate, it quickly swelled to twice the size and turned a nice shade of black. All last week, I limped around watching people aim this pitiful, yet somehow sympathetic look at the poor pregnant woman who must be so uncomfortable, when really, I just had an incredibly sore foot! Quite embarassing. On top of all of that, even though I'm walking somewhat normally, I'm still wearing flip flops during what happens to be the coldest two weeks of the year. So now I'm getting pitiful questions like, "Oh, are your feet swelling already?" To which I point to my toe and say, "No, I'm just very graceful."

It is looking somewhat better now, although I'm sure to lose my big toenail. Last night, however, a doctor friend of ours told me that I may have to go have it removed if it gets any more infected. That means two shots in my big injured toe! Ouch!!! I'm going to try and stick it out as long as possible - No shots for me!!!!

Oh, the joys of pregnancy! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah you are under the 100 days to go mark!!! Whoo hoo!!!