Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, December 13, 2004

It's a................

Well, we had our level II ultrasound this morning! Quite the event - as any of you who have done this before would know. I have come to the conclusion that it is quite unnatural to drink a ton of water and then lie still while someone pushes on your stomach. It was actually a little humorous. There I am biting my lip and trying to think about something else - anything else - while the technician is digging around on my stomach and Cary is making little comments like "Oooh, is that the brain?" or "Oh look! A hand!" My favorite was "Wow you can really see all 4 chambers!" (of the heart) I wanted to say, "Hey, remember the mother? Yeah, that's me. I'd like to see too, thank-you!" Thankfully at that point the technician said that I could go to the restroom because she couldn't see everything because my bladder was so full! I could have told her that without all of the digging... But, all in all it was a very exciting, unforgetful, and emotional event. We even have a video and a few pictures for show and tell.

After I had made myself more comfortable :), I hopped back up on the table and she showed us everything. I truly believe this is the most amazing thing I've seen up until this point! You could see everything! The spine, the ribs, the heart, the legs - knees included, feet and toes, hands and all five fingers on each, kidneys, brain, the baby's profile - so cool! And then we got to see the toilet view! :) The technician said "Okay, there you go. Can you tell?" I looked and blurted out "Oh my goodness, it's a BOY!!!!" It was VERY obvious - and Cary was quite proud! Of course, once we saw the goods - as Cary likes to call them - that's all he wanted to show! We kept trying to get a good view of his profile and face, but all to no avail! Little show off! :) So Carson James is on his way. We are absolutely so excited! We even went and bought his first little outfit during lunch.

Anyway, thought you would all like to know! Our due date is officially set at May 12, 2005.

Carson James is on his way!!

Lilypie Baby Ticker

No comments: