Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 11, 2008

1 Week Old - Yesterday

Carter was one week old yesterday. It seems like he's been with us forever and yet like he just got here yesterday. It's so strange to think that he technically shouldn't be here yet. He's been such a good baby so far. He still sleeps all of the time, but we're beginning to see his eyes for small stretches here and there. They are a pretty navy color, though I'm sure they'll turn brown soon. Carson and Caden are doing well. I have to keep an eye on Caden because he just has SO much energy and is SO fast! But he loves to love on Carter and hasn't beat up on him yet or tried to push him off of my lap, so that's a good thing. Carson has been really good about asking if he can hold Carter and not just attempting to pick him up by himself. I'm really glad about that. Sleeping hasn't been too bad either. Carter sleeps in 3 hours stretches, and we've even gotten a few almost 4 hours stretches here and there, so that's been super nice. And then all of the boys take an afternoon nap at the same time, so I'm able to rest a bit while they do. Caden takes a morning nap still, so I'm able to catch up on some housework things while he's down, since I don't have to have my hawk eyes out. :) All in all it hasn't been too bad so far. Mom was with me Monday and Tuesday, and it was so nice to have her with me...not just for the help, but for the company. :) Sorry you had to go back to work, Mom, but I'm posting pictures just for you! :) It's also so nice to have Cary working from the house (although he has to leave for a business trip on Monday :( ) because he is here to help when I need him and entertain the boys here and there. He's such a good Dad.

Okay, I was just looking through my camera, and there are tons of pictures I haven't posted, so I'll just go in order by date. :)

Carter at 1 day old:
Photobucket Image Hosting

2 days old:
Photobucket Image Hosting

We had to get him a different coming home outfit because the one I had gotten and loved was ridiculous. This one is a newborn outfit and is still HUGE on him. Look how big the hat is! Oh, and his hands look huge because he was reaching towards the camera...
Photobucket Image Hosting

Going home...
Photobucket Image Hosting

Photobucket Image Hosting

Photobucket Image Hosting

Photobucket Image Hosting

1 week old with his big brothers...
Photobucket Image Hosting

Photobucket Image Hosting

Photobucket Image Hosting

Photobucket Image Hosting

Photobucket Image Hosting

Carter you have such good big brothers, and they just adore you!!

7 comments:

Natalie Powers said...

He's so beautiful! Wow.

I'm so happy for all 5 of you! Does that number sound crazy or what? :)

God Bless

alicia said...

So cute! Carson looks so proud to be a big brother again. All the pictures look great and y'all look great too. Sounds like you are adjusting well. I always hear from people that once you get through 2 babies then it seems to get easier the more you have. Who knows though. I guess with everyone child it is different. Well, once again I am glad to see you are doing so well. Now I just need to catch up to you. This little girl wants to keep cooking apparently.

Michelle said...

Your three boys are just precious. I love the one where Carson is kissing Carter's head. You are extremely blessed. Honestly I think having one is really easy...and you have three!!! I can't imagine!!!

Michelle said...

Might I add you don't look like you just had a baby....wow!! I guess having the third one is a piece of cake.

Deb said...

Seriously! You are amazing! How awesome to have them all down for nap at the same time! I know moms with one kid that can't get any alone time... Such an inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Hooray! He's here! :) And oh, so cute :)
Good job, Momma!!!

Anonymous said...

congrats on your new little peanut---he is too cute!! :) the pictures of the three boys together are incredibly precious. also, i hope i look like you when i have a baby...seriously, your hair and make-up look fabulous in all the pics! :)