Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, July 07, 2008

What's In A Name?

Naming our 3rd boy has been quite a challenge. When we first thought of names for our children, we had 1 boy name, since we're now on our 3rd, we really had to think hard! We finally believe we've come up with one! Drumroll please.....

The name of our 3rd sweet boy will be:


Carter David


Carter traditionally means one who pulls a cart or transporter, but we have decided it should mean one who chooses the right path (to pull his cart). David means God's beloved. All of our boys' middle names are family names, and we have chosen them in hopes that their character will be like that of the person who's name they have been given. David is my Dad's name (my mom's current husband), and if Carter serves God and loves his family like my Dad does, we will be quite blessed! So there you have it ladies and gentlemen! Our third son has a name.


Right now we are at my family reunion in California in honor of my grandparents' 50th anniversary (my mom's parents). It's been so fun to see everyone again, and it's a great reason to be together. My Grammy brought a lot of things from their wedding that few of us have ever seen. She even brought her gown and my Papa's tux! Gorgeous. I'm sure I'll have lots of fun pictures from this week to post!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it! Such a cute name for boy number 3 :)

have fun at your reunion!!!

Deborah said...

Oh I love it!!! Such a great name! hooray!!! Enjoy the reunion...can't wait to see pics!

Rach said...

I love Carter!!!! Can't wait to "meet" him! :)

alicia said...

Yeah to Carter David! I love it. Carson, Caden, and now Carter. How cute. Y'all did a great job picking them out. I can't wait to see him. Hope y'all have a great time at your family 50th anniversary. We are going to Josh's grandparent's 50th at Lake Conroe the end of this week.

Deb said...

So you gave in, huh? I like your definition of the name. Leave it to pastors to be able to make something mean what they want it to mean! LOL I loved the name when you mentioned it at the outlet mall, so I am really glad for you guys. You don't have much longer!!! Well, I am ovulating today, so I have to go and try to pull my husband away from his Zelda game for a better activity!

Anonymous said...

I love it!! Boy, seems like this pregnancy has flown by for ya....little Carter will be here before ya know it!! Hope ya'll are having a great summer, we are so far and school will be starting back before I know it. Anyways, big hugs, and can't wait to meet Carter David.

Deb said...

I can't believe you only have 70days before Carter David is born! So excited! Miss you.

Nicki W. said...

love it! it has a nice ring to it:)