Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, June 27, 2008

Summer Camp '08

We got back from our youth summer camp a few days ago, and I think it was the best one yet. At least that seemed to be the word among the people... I don't know where that came from... We went to Lake McConaughey, NE and stayed in cabins on the beach there. It was so nice! I believe it will be our new summer camp tradition for quite some time. We normally leave the boys with someone during camp, but because our summer is a little ridiculous with all of our happenings and Cary's travel schedule, we decided to take them along, and it worked pretty well. They just went along for the ride and LOVED being in the lake each day. Carson had so much fun playing in the sand and building forts and castles, and we couldn't keep Caden out of the water. We had a really great time and each of us has a nice tan to show for it! My sister and sister-in-law are just going to love seeing my tan lines in their wedding pictures! ;)

Photobucket

Don't worry...the red mark on Carson's forehead is marker...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Cary took Carson out on the jet ski - very slowly - he was in Heaven! :)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Look how big the vest was on him! :)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks sooo fun!!! I love all the lake photo's and the boys look like they had a blast. Love the pregnant belly and you look so pretty!!! We love and miss ya'll. Brittney

Rach said...

I love the new blog...so cute! I'm glad you guys had so much fun and the boys did well on the trip. I bet Carson LOVED the jet ski ride...he looks adorable in his oversized lifejacket. And I just love Caden's poochy lips! So adorable!! You look great and oh so tan! :)

Deb said...

Love the new background! It is funny to me that you guys go to another state for camp when CO is so amazing! I guess you just get used to it. Your new clothes look cute! So glad you found them. The jet ski looks super fun - so does that raft in the background! By the way, CO baby-making didn't work. I am glad though, actually, because we need it to wait until August/September. Love you guys.

Anonymous said...

It's been forever since I checked your site, so congrats on baby #3 on the way! Do you know the sex or is this time a surprise? Crazy thing... we were pregnant at the same time before, and now I'm pregnant again too! That seems to be the case with a lot of people. My sister Alicia is also expecting! Our due dates are about 6 weeks apart, so this winter will be a busy time! Just thought I'd say hi and congrats!

Anonymous said...

Awww come on! Why didn't you post the pictures of me talking to #3!!!!!! oh chucks.

Natalie Powers said...

i'm so jealous that your youth camp happens on a beach. ours was last week at a ranch! ha.

you look great by the way. :)

alicia said...

Y'all look like you had a blast! Cary and Carson look so cute on the jet ski too. We are almost there. Getting close to the single digit count down. Are you feeling okay? I know I am starting to feel like there is limited space anymore! Hope all is well. You look great!

Deb said...

Of all the moms I know, you are the only one I would trust to raise my kids (when I have them!). You are a fabulous mom, and you make it look so easy.

Nicki W. said...

cute! the boys are starting to look like twins! wow!

Anonymous said...

Oh, that looks like so much fun! Cute picture of you and C. :)

ryc - Thanks for the encouragement. I especially liked the "breathing = climbing a mountain" bit. Daniel is always telling me, "Honey, you're growing a baby. I can get the other stuff." :)

And on another note, we went to Joe. T. Garcia's in Ft. Worth for a special treat today... and I had "the last bite" only half-way through my meal!!! I was so very upset. I proclaimed loud enough for the whole table to hear, "I hate my body right now!" Because I did. I mean, come on, man! :)

Anonymous said...

I also like your new layout - so cute!