Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 07, 2008

All Is Well

I know I have been unusually absent lately, and not really for any reason except that we are just living. :) Things are good here. Our friends, Roy and Debbie are visiting this week from Waco, and it SO nice to get to spend time with them. The boys are busy as ever, and we are just loving summer. On any given day we can be found poolside, be that the backyard kiddie pool with Mama (me) lounging on a lawn chair and reading a book while the boys splash, play and giggle, or at the neighborhood pool with us all chest deep in the water and enjoying the sun. LOVE summer, and my tan for my sister's wedding in August is well under way. :) We are going to be very busy this summer it seems, through November really.... so in between large events, I feel like we just need to enjoy the free time. It helps with sanity and all. We have summer camp with our youth in a few weeks, and then my family has a reunion in the beginning of July. The day after we get back, Cary leaves for a 10 day missions trip to Mexico. My sister's wedding is in August. Our baby is due in September. We have a church staff thing in October. And Cary's sister, Emily, is getting married in November, and I suppose that leads us right into the holidays! Busy, busy! Such fun things though, really, and I'm so excited about all of them! But in between..... deep breaths!! :)

Caden is talking up a storm lately, and can be seen chasing the Carson or the dogs and saying "tickle, tickle, tickle" at any given moment. Carson has been making up SUPER elaborate, imaginitive games lately. It doesn't matter if he has someone to play with or is all by himself, he holds full conversations. Very funny. I really should record them when he isn't aware. He would crack up if I played them for him when he is 16. This baby seems to be doing just fine. I feel and see him all the time now. I've tried to let Carson feel this baby kick, but he doesn't sit still very often, and if the baby doesn't kick right away, Carson wiggles his fingers, looks at me wide eyed and full of wonder, and says "I FEEL him!!!!" Caden points to my tummy - or my boobs for that matter - and says baby, and if you ask him where his tummy is, he lifts his shirt, points to his tummy and says "baby." Poor child is so confused, I'm sure. Anyway, I don't have another OB appointment until the first week of July, and I get do the fun GD test. I really do like that orange drink, although I hear I'm in the minority... Cary's doing well too. He closed a couple of deals this last week for work, and I know that's always a stress reliever.... with everything on his plate, I think he's just trying to breathe as well. It really is mostly fun though, and I don't think we would know what to do with much free time!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh wow you guys are busy. I need to start working on my tan for my friends August wedding too! But the little one doesn't play in the pool so easily by herself yet so i'm up and down and up and down. She is more interested on getting out then staying in.
Oh and when I had to do the GD test I really liked the drink. It was a fruit punch and very yummy! lol So I guess we are together in that one. ha
Ok well I hope you get to relax some and enjoy the summer. Me, I can't wait for it to cool down again. ha!

alicia said...

You go Girl! Busy busy busy, sounds like our life too but that is the ministry for you. That is exciting all the wedding plans and babies and church stuff! I love being able to keep busy. It doesn't make me feel as lazy although I have been a little. So will y'all come to Houston then when she gets married in November? Maybe we could meet up or something for dinner or lunch? That would be so fun to see your kids and the new one and then y'all could see Caleb and our new little one too. Crazy that they will be the same age almost. I will be thinking and praying for you when I am going through all my labor stuff! Ok maybe not that much cause I will have pains going on but believe me it will cross my mind that you are going through the same thing. Tell Cary we said hey and that we miss y'all. Thanks for all the updates. I was looking forward to them.

Natalie Powers said...

This is Natalie again (Michelle's friend from San Antonio). I have to go get that test done too. :( I unfortunately, didn't like it, but I had to have the lime one. Maybe I'll get lucky this time!

Have a fun summer!

Unknown said...

good luck with the gtt...hopefully you get luckier than i did last time around. :( I am so hoping we get to see you FIVE this November! I can't believe that both of our families are families of five now. that is so crazy!l

Deborah said...

Thank you for the update! I was beginning to wonder what was going on in Yocum land!! Glad you guys are doing well...and enjoying the summer!

Rach said...

Wow, ya'll are SUPER busy! What fun times though. Glad baby in the belly is doing well! I love the stories about Carson and Caden. Any luck on a name yet??
Thanks for the house comments. Yes, I have a million to dos to, but I figured I'd never post pics b/c there is always something to do! :) Can't wait to see pics of your house! :)