Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Family Reunion and 30 Weeks

Home again, home again. We had such a great time on the family reunion! So much fun. It was awesome to see everyone and get to spend some time catching up. All of Grammy's sisters and Uncle Bud came out for their reception. I haven't seen many of them in years. Then my cousins Daun and Leslyn came, and I haven't seen them since I was 15! It was an awesome time! The boys had so much fun, and were Papa's buddy's of course. They also had a great time playing with Daun's little boy Joshua who is a little older than Caden. Carson kept asking to play with the boys, my cousins Devin and Drew, and thought they (along with my brothers) were the coolest boys in the world. He kept saying, "I want to go play with the boys." And they would play too. It was funny watching them treat him as if he was as big as they all are and see them cracking up at everything he would say. It lit up his world! The reception for Grammy and Papa was SO nice, and turned out nicer than any of us had hoped, I think. I don't have all of the group shots that we took to remember the trip, but I have some candids that we took on our camera, so here are a few of those...

Caden & Uncle Nathaniel (or Uncle Faniel as Carson calls him):
Photobucket

Carson and his buddy Papa at a Fort we toured:
Photobucket

Photobucket

the boys taking a walk with Uncle Nathaniel and Uncle Tina (Austin):
Photobucket

Photobucket

Kels and Dad:
Photobucket

the boys (Nathaniel, Cary, Dad and Tina):
Photobucket

My immediate fam minus the future bro in law, Scott (Kelsey, Natalie, Dad, Mom, Nathaniel, Me, Caden, Cary, Carson and Tina
Photobucket

Papa & Caden throwing rocks in the lake (Caden's arms crack me up): Photobucket

Sisters, Kelsey, Natalie and I (mom, the one with you in it didn't turn out well....sorry....):
Photobucket

The boys and I before Grammy & Papa's reception:
Photobucket


I can't believe I only have 10 weeks until we meet Carter! Crazy. I'm not stressed so much, just can't believe how fast this pregnancy has gone! I'm sure our schedule has helped it go even faster, but seriously, it feels like I should only be about half way. I'm feeling pretty good for the most part, but I've reached that point in pregnancy when I start to doubt that my body will ever return to normal. I just keep reminding myself that it always has before. When I was reading stories to Carson tonight, he had to adjust himself in my lap because he said he was going to fall off, so evidently he is noticing that my lap is getting shorter as well. He's pretty excited about Carter's upcoming debut. Hopefully his excitement will help Caden adjust as well. I don't think he knows what he's in for, but that's okay. In the next few weeks, I have a short list of things I want to do for Carter. I need to wash all of the baby clothes, at least newborn to 3 months or so. I need to rearrange our walk in closet, since Carter will be using a portion of that as his nursery until we move Caden to his big boy bed. Carson and Caden will be sharing a room, and Carson is SOOO excited about that. I was really nervous about how that might work, but they shared a room for a few days at our reunion, and bedtime was a breeze. Nap time on the other hand did NOT work, so we'll have to figure something out for that. Or maybe since they'll be a bit older, they'll come around...time will tell. I also need to order the new crib bedding and car seat cover for our infant seat. We're keeping the same nursery theme that Caden has had, but changing up the bedding so that Carter has something that is his alone. The car seat cover is just worn out and needs replaced, so I think I'm going to change the pattern up. Oh, and I also want to get a sling carrier so I can leave the house with 3 littles in tow. Other than that, and getting some little diapers, there's not too much to do this time around, which is nice and is helping me not stress out. It's probably also adding to my shock that we can be this close to the end though, because I've done nothing but make some super cute burp cloths for fun. That's okay though. With three boys in a row, the baby could come tomorrow, and we would be just fine! That is definitely a nice thing.

5 comments:

Deb said...

You guys have such a good looking family - it's a bit sickening, actually. Did we ever talk about paying you to have our babies so we can gurantee they are cute?...

alicia said...

Looks like y'all had a great time! I just love getting together with family. You look great too. All of your family are very good looking. As far as getting ready for baby, you sound like you are ready whenever he comes. I have thought about it over and over again, and don't get me wrong I am super excited about having a girl, but I would have liked to use Caleb's baby clothes again. I was looking through some of the baby stuff that we had for Caleb and it made me want a little boy again. I am sure she will be a joy and I wouldn't change it for the world but just being able to think back when Caleb was a baby was nice too. Well, I can't wait to see pics when you have him. I am excited to hear about the birth story and share moments. I'll be praying for you these last few weeks.

Anonymous said...

Yay for not having so much to get ready this time around, I know that must be a huge stress relief. I can't believe Carter will be here in only about 10 weeks either, but atleast you will be ready and can relax the rest of the pregnancy knowing that you don't have a huge list of things to do. Love all the pics from your reunion. Looks like ya'll had such a great time. Hugs....Brittney

Natalie Powers said...

Only 10 weeks left, wow! By the way, you sure do look great for 30 weeks.

Your to do list seemed to motivate me and reminded me of all the things I have to do. Ah!!!

Natalie Powers said...

Only 10 weeks left, wow! By the way, you sure do look great for 30 weeks.

Your to do list seemed to motivate me and reminded me of all the things I have to do. Ah!!!