Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, January 12, 2007

Random thoughts on a Friday...

It's 9:22 PM, more than an hour after I put Carson down for the night, and I am listening to him sing himself to sleep...something he has done since he was first born, although way back then it was more of a rhythmic grunting. It's one of my favorite sounds. :) Caden is dancing around in my belly, and if he dances much harder he just might jump right out. I keep having typos as I type this because he is so busy in there. I can't believe we will meet this new little guy in 5 weeks or so. This countdown is flying by. We have another OB appt on Tuesday, although I'm sure we won't find out anything different than we know already. My family is getting rather jumpy already, which is a little entertaining. I make a funny face, and they all want to know if I'm having contractions... We're getting down to the wire I suppose. I think we'll go at least to term, but we'll see. My braxton hicks are getting a lot more consistent, but I don't really think they're doing anything yet. I won't know anyway, because my ob won't check until 38 weeks. Cary is with the youth right now at Wendy's. Fridays are our youth nights. We usually go to Chili's together, but it's snowing a bit, and it is SUPER DUPER cold outside (-2 right now), so they went to Wendy's and I brought Carson home. Tomorrow, he is spending the day working on the house. He finished all of the tile in our kitchen this last week, and it looks so good!

My brother Nathaniel is in town for the next several days, which is wonderful. It's been too long since we've seen him... My family and I are speaking at church on Sunday. We're giving a portion of our group testimony from each persons perspective in order to begin a new counseling ministry that my parents are going to be doing at church. Normally this is something I would be really excited about, but for some reason I'm absolutely dreading it... I guess I'm not looking forward to becoming that vulnerable. I love my family, and I am so thankful for them, but I'm still very much in the processing stage from losing my dad...yes, even 7 years later... Anyway, I'm praying that God will protect my heart and still help me to say the things that he needs me to say.

I guess that's it for tonight....randomness, I know...

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh my gosh you are getting so close!! I so wish I was where you are now. Ha ha. I'm ready to see my baby girl.
I can't wait to see pictures of your new baby boy!! I'm so excited for you. I hope all is well and that you foot healed nicely. Good luck on your speech with your family, God will be with you through it all. Have a great week and take it easy these last few weeks. You are going to have your hands full soon.

Deborah said...

I hope everything went well at church today. I know that God has a way of helping to make things go smoothly...and of helping us get through rough times. I didn't know about your dad, and I'm sorry. I can't imagine. I'm so excited for your little family. I love when Colton sings to himself. I don't know what it is about their little voices...so angelic...when they sing! So sweet!

Unknown said...

I'm sure everything went awesome yesterday. I know in the past I have gotten really worked up about speaking but it seems when God has a message that He needs to get out of you, it just rolls of your tongue. Its great to see Him take full control!

I'm so excited for you!! You have to post some pics of the house...I bet Cary is doing a great job!!

Rach said...

I hope everything went well on Sunday!! I am sure that it did. Bless your heart! I hope everything is coming together for you guys! I can't believe your OB won't check you before 38 weeks. How agonizing to not know if you are even close. OH well, just a few more weeks, and he'll be here!!

Rach said...

Can we pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease get an updated pic of you and the belly before it goes away???????? Pretty please!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

hey melissa!
you are looking so great for one month away.
how did the speaking thing go?