Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, October 17, 2005

Next stop...crawling

We had a great weekend here in the Yocum home. Cary went to my brother's football game Saturday morning and Carson and I hung out at home. It's cold in the mornings in the mountains! Anyway, Carson slept until 9:30 Saturday!!! Praise Jesus! I actually got to sleep in!!! When I went into his room to get him, he was talking to himself, up on his hands and knees, and rocking back and forth! Oh my! I couldn't believe it! He'll be crawling in no time!! Then I went to get a pedicure with my mom and sister, Kelsey...I know, rough life...and all of the ladies were ooing and aweing over Carson. I don't think I will ever get tired of that! :) Then Cary went and played poker with some guys in our apartment complex and won first place...Tommy would be proud. He was so excited...he won a clay chip poker set.

The other great thing is that Carson (who has been sleeping 7-8 hours straight through the night since he was almost 2 months) has been sleeping 12-13 hour stretches since Thursday night. And he's still taking good naps during the day. He is such a good boy!!!! I can't tell you how good it feels to go to sleep after he does, and wake up before he does, totally rested! This is awesome!!!!!

I tried to catch a picture of Carson rocking on his hands and knees, but he collapsed and laughed at himself before I could get a shot of it...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Hope your weekends were as good as ours! :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

sounds like you had a great weekend like we did. Aren't kids just great. I'm sure one day we'll all be wishing for child-less weekends, but for now I LOVE THEM!

Look at your little guy. I can't believe he's almost crawling. How they grow up so fast!!! Hopefully we'll get to see you guys during the Thanksgiving holidays if your down. That way you can all meet Hayden before SHE starts crawling ;)

KriSTeN said...

Hey! wow he is growing fast! i am so glad you guys are doing so well. see it's not so hard having a baby AND still being a family! people are always negative and say that life falls apart after kids. i dont believe it. if you have a strong marriage and love God then you can make it! you go girl! i look up to you guys! -Kristen

Melissa said...

That's so not true!!! The trick to having a strong marriage after kids is to remember to put each other first, especially once the kids start noticing I'm told. We aren't as good as we probably should be because our evenings are already so fully scheduled with the church, but we try to go on dates together, and that helps a ton. Another thing that has worked well for us is that Carson goes to bed fairly early when we are home - usually between 7:30 and 8 - so we have several hours just for ourselves in the evenings. I really feel like our lives are fuller because of Carson! Thanks for the encouragement Kristen!! :)

Deborah said...

What a cutie! I just love hearing about the new things he does. And hearing about Lindsay's new baby. It kinda helps me get through my baby fever sometimes. Don't get me wrong, I dont' want another baby right now, but they sure are cute and squishy!!! I'm so glad that you guys are so happy with your move and everything. I can't see your face, but I can tell that you are still glowing! And that's great! Keep posting pictures of that precious boy!

alicia said...

Hey Girl! When you get a moment your should stop by my blog. I finally put the picture up of Carson and Josh. You know what is so cute that Josh didn't even notice he was doing is playing with Carson's ear! He plays with mine all the time and Danielle said that he use to play with hers when she would rock him as a baby. I guess he just picked that habit up and never let it go. It is so sweet. Danielle thought that it was a cute pic too.