Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas 2008

We had such a great Christmas here! It was our first Christmas home in several year, and we enjoyed every minute of making memories at home. It was also Carter's first Christmas, and although, he was totally unaware, it was memories for us. Carson and Caden, on the other hand, loved every minute of Christmas, and lucky for them, we went from Christmas celebration, to Christmas celebration. Carson also made a point of telling everyone that it was Jesus' birthday. I'm sure he wondered why we didn't have cake.



I know this is so not a good shot, and Carson's eyes are closed, but it's the best I got all morning, and their pjs are so cute!








On Christmas eve, we had a service at our church and our choir sang, then we went to my parents house to have dinner and open up a family gift - it was a Wii for the family to enjoy. It was lots of fun to play together, and truth be told, I think it's a ploy to get us to hang out over there more often. ;) Love you, Mom! The boys got to open one gift - their super cute new pj's. Christmas morning, we got up and had Christmas at our house. We opened presents, and the boys were so excited, and then we went to the basement for them to discover their gift from Santa, a new train table. I took lots of pictures of all of this, but the boys were blinking in nearly every picture due to sleepy eyes and the flash...yay for indoor photography.

Then we went to my parents to have brunch and celebrate Christmas with all of my siblings. Dad, I need pictures so I can add them on here. Then we went to my grandparents home in Pueblo to celebrate Christmas with them. Lots of celebrating, but it was an awesome day! I hope everyone had an awesome Christmas with their families!

I got a great suprise last Tuesday! Cary had to work, and I went with my family to have breakfast with my sister, Natalie, before she had to fly back out to California. Then we spent the morning shopping. Well, when I got home with the kids, the garage door wouldn't open. I thought maybe the breaker was flipped, so I checked, and it wasn't. Then I went to the front door, and it was locked. I assumed Cary was working in his office downstairs, so I banged on the door so he would be able to hear me knocking. He opened it right away, which seemed strange, and I told him the garage door wasn't working. Then I saw my grandparents sitting on our couch and I asked Cary what he was up to. I knew something was up then, because not only were my grandparents there, but they were filming me. Then I noticed this in our living room:


Of course I totally freaked. :) It was my grandparents piano that we had wanted to buy from them eventually. I certainly didn't think it would be able to be this year. Come to find out, nearly everyone knew but me! Cary's so good at surprises. I'm so excited to have such an awesome piano in our home!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

we are so jealous of your piano! that is awesome!