Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, March 28, 2008

Easter '08 Update

I've been a little behind on this update. I had been really feeling pretty good, but this week morning sickness is back with a vengence, and I'm even throwing up more often. Yay for me! The babe is doing well though, and had a strong heartbeat at our last check up, so for that I'm thankful...

We've been doing well here otherwise. Easter was a week long event for us. The weekend before Easter, our church hosted a community Easter Egg hunt that was huge. The boys had a great time, and it was a good warm up for Caden, who had no trouble grasping the idea that the eggs go in the basket. It was a super cold morning, but the sun was out, which was better than last year. It was a great day!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Carson was so patient waiting until the hunt began...
Photobucket

Caden enjoying the park after the egg hunt:
Photobucket

Then we spent our Wednesday morning coloring Easter Eggs. It was the first time I attempted this with Carson, and he did great!

Coloring eggs:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Waiting:
Photobucket

Stickers:
Photobucket

The finished product:
Photobucket

Easter Sunday, I went to put the boys outfits on them and get them ready for church, and the security tag was still on Carson's shirt. Ugghhh. So I had super cute coordinating outfits (not matching) for them to wear, and only Caden got to wear his. They looked cute anyway, but were NOT interested in posing for pictures before church. Too much excitement for what lay ahead I suppose...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Easter baskets...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Carson trying on his Buddy (from Toy Story) costume that he got from my parents:
Photobucket

Hunting for eggs after lunch:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

It was a wonderful holiday and it was so much fun to talk about what Jesus did for us with Carson, because he's starting to retain stuff like this, although I know he doesn't grasp it yet...

In other news, Caden got his 8th (bottom right) tooth a few weeks ago and is working on his top first year molars, which is making for lots of wet shirts and a never-ending stream of snot. At his 1 year check up last Friday, he weighed 20 lbs., 5 oz. and was 31 inches long/tall. He's healthy as can be! Carson was also in at that appointment and at 2 years, 10 months, he is weighing 28 lbs., 1.6 oz. They didn't measure his height, but he is about a head taller than Caden when the stand together. Oh, and as you can see, we did get Carson's hair chopped. He calls this his "drummer hair" and often says that he's a "cool dude."

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Caden looks so big all of the sudden!! Wow! ANd I love both the boys "cool dude" hair cuts!

So sorry to hear you are so sick. I can totally relate to that. Oh was I sick with the twins :( Hopefully it will end soon and give you a break.

Do you have your big ultrasound scheduled yet??? I can't wait!

Anonymous said...

Ahh....such CUTE pics!! Sorry to here that you have a sick tummy again. Hopefully it will go away soon. Yeah....your getting close to 16 weeks ...seems that it is passing so fast!! When do you find out the sex of the baby....I can't wait!!! Love ya....Britt

Deb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deb said...

How fun! You are just a fabulous mom. I was so sad this year about not getting to color Easter eggs, that I actually thought about getting some to color "with" Cleo!!! I NEED a baby, I know!!!!!

Kristen said...

They look adorable! Nice Easter eggs, btw! :)

alicia said...

So cute! I love the easter outfits. And the egg dying. I am sure y'all had tons of fun like we did. How are YOU doing? We need another belly pic. Are you gaining and growing everywhere too like me? It is crazy with this one. I feel monsterous. Maybe I am just feeling that way and everyone else thinks I just look like a normal pregnant person. Who knows!