Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

New Year's Eve and Christmas With the Fisher's

Every New Year's Eve, we have a big UTurn (Youth) celebration, and this year was no different. The highlight of the evening had to be our Guys vs. Girls Top Chef competition. It was so funny! The required ingredient was spinach, and they had to make an appetizer, a main course, and a dessert. Cary and I judged the entries - Cary was pretty funny. Anyway, I just want to share pictures of their main dishes. If I had to compare the two entries, I would say that the girls was delicious and I would love the recipe, and the guys was HILARIOUS!! As are they. It was definitely a night to remember!

The Guys Entry (they called it a crab's night out because it was dungeness crab on bow tie pasta)
Photobucket

The Girls Entry (I can't remember what it was called, but it was chicken stuffed with several cheeses and spinach, topped with marinara with a twice baked potato...so good!)
Photobucket

Here's a picture of our girls that were there. I just love them!! (I love the boys too, but the girls are nicer to look at.... Just kidding!!)
Photobucket

Caden discovered maraccas that night (and Carson broke one - everything doubles as a drumstick in his book)
Photobucket

We celebrated Christmas with my family, minus Natalie and Nathaniel, on New Year's Day.
This is the only present Caden opened on his own... (The bear's blankie says "Caden's First Christmas")
Photobucket

Photobucket

My parents got me this really cool plate (and crock- not pictured) that I've been wanting, and Dad helped Caden model it for the camera...
Photobucket

The boys got many other things (as did Cary and I), but I wanted to focus on their "big" gifts...

Carson was told to close his eyes and wait for his, and here he is when he first opened his eyes...
Photobucket

He got what he calls a "pedal bike":
Photobucket
He loves it, and knew exactly how to make it go. I was truly amazed. Unfortunately since then, Caden has decided he likes it too, and if Carson is not on it, Caden will attempt to climb up the back. At one point, he got to where he was standing on the seat and holding the handlebars. I should have taken a picture, but I was too worried he would fall while I grabbed teh camera.

Caden got the coolest of wagons, and I can't wait until the weather is warm enough to use it!
Crab's Night Out

On a different note... Caden tried taking his first step today to Cary and then later to me. It was more of a dive than a step though, so I don't think we'll qualify it. He also got his seventh tooth - the bottom left one - yesterday. He has also been mimicking bits of what people say lately. A few days ago when he was trying to get in our bed, he said what sounded like "up" several different times, and then last night he mimicked "hot" after Carson told Cary the bath water was hot. Just a few things I wanted to remember...

I'll leave you all with pictures from today of the boys playing in their fort. Forts and tents are big things around here lately. (Lots of these pics are blurry, but I figured it shows how they truly are, constantly moving.)
Photobucket

Here's Carson "making a big tent." He was standing in the middle and spinning as fast as he could.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey that picture of all of us girls is so funny everyone is smilling but Britt, shes so goofy.

And the pic of Caden with the maracas, is so cute I was laughinh when he was doing that he is so easily amuzed..:)

Unknown said...

Yeah an update!!! The boys look so cute playing with their new treasures.

Oh and that chicken meal the girls made looks so yummy!!!

Anonymous said...

I know, I know, I messed that picture up! I smiled in the other 3 he took. Just not that one. I think. Well anyway, Miss I love getting on here and reading all the stuff you put. And I think it's so cool that the boys will have this for when they get older! They are both getting so big!! I love all the pictures. I want that camera so baaaad!! Love you! See you tonight!

Deb said...

After we got your Xmas pics, Roy and I said there is no hope for our family to ever look as good as yours! You are all so photogenic!!! I just love your pics. It was nice to see some of you and Cary too. I LOVE your hair! You can wear it anyway and it still looks so great. (secretly I hate you for that!) LOL

Anonymous said...

Love the new posts!! What awesome pics your camera takes.........im sooo jealous...;) The meal the girls made new years eve looks soooo good!!! They definetly outshined the boys. Well I will talk to ya'll soon.....we love and miss you guys......Brittney

Anonymous said...

I miss you guys so much. Thanks for posting. I can hardly wait to visit in February