Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 18, 2007

My 8 month old

When Carson was little, I was so good about documenting every month. I love being able to look back at the things he was accomplishing. I want to be more diligent about doing that now. Especially with the rest of Caden's first year.

He will fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy. Job 8:21

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Caden is such a happy boy. His smile lights my heart, and his laughter fills our ears. I am amazed every day at the way the Lord has answered the prayers I prayed over him while he was still inside of me. At 8 months old, Caden is extremely mobile and fast. He's crawling, pulling up, trying to cruise the furniture. He's figured out how to pull open drawers, and he is constantly pulling things out of drawers and off of our coffee table. Thankfully there are only magazines on their for the most part. He is in to everything! He is fascinated by stairs (thus the baby gate blocking off that part of our house). He definitely keeps me on my toes. He's a joy to be around and is such a smiley boy. He laughs all the time and is constantly grinning at Carson. He thinks that everything Carson does is absolutely hilarious! He has become very vocal about his opinions. If I leave the room he squeals in protest, and if he wants me, he crawls to me as fast as he can, pulls up on my legs and grins with all his might like he's saying "aren't I cute?? Don't you just want to love on me!?" :) His grin is hilarious with his six teeth. The two top center ones are still working their way in so his teeth are all uneven. He's just as cute as can be. He's quite the conversationalist and loves to babble with you. He will repeat you if you babble something to him, and is saying da-da now. It's not in reference to anyone, but Cary can dream. :)

Now that he is healthy again, he LOVES to eat! Anything and everything in sight! If you are holding him and eating, he will literally try to take your food away from you! :) He makes the funniest faces when he eats. With the first few bites of food, no matter what it is, he scrunches up his face like it was the most sour thing he has ever tasted. Once his is adjusted to the flavor, he frequently does this double eyed wink thing. And grins at you like he is just so cute. I don't know how else to explain it, but it's really funny. When he was sick, we were lucky if he would eat half of a stage 1 jar of baby food once a day. Now he is eating 3 times a day plus snacks, and will eat a jar and a half in a sitting easily.

I know this has played a big part in the recent improvement in his night sleeping habits. When he got sick, he started waking up at least every 2 1/2 hours all night. Now, we're down to twice a night, and I have a feeling even that will lessen soon. He's taking more consistent naps now too. Generally, he'll sleep for 2+ hours in the morning, and an hour in the afternoon. Sometimes he'll take a 3rd short nap in the early evening, and he's down for the night around 7. All I can say is yay for sleep! It's amazing how much easier life is with a healthy baby after he was sick for so long. He is so busy and wants to be on the move so much that he fights sleep with all of his might. When he is tired, he rubs his head and sucks his thumb. But when you answer his cues, he will fight for all his worth. When he decides he's lost the battle, his compliance is immediate. He will be asleep within moments.

Silly song by Mommy that's the hit of the moment:
Ca-den, Ca-den
Caden, Caden Gary is my boy...

I know it's simple and silly, but it will catch his attention and calm him at any given moment, especially if sung at a whisper.

Here is a short video I took at the park today. His giggle cracks me up.

8 comments:

alicia said...

He is so cute! I admire someone like you that has a 29 month old and an 8 month old. Josh and I have talked recently about having another one, but I get scared sometimes. I know this would be the best time now because of their age and the fact that I am able to stay home but it freaks me out a little. Oh yeah, Josh and I are seriously thinking about coming up there to go snowboarding. We totally need to get together if we do. That would be so much fun.

Michelle said...

Oh thats such a cute little song. I dont' think its silly at all.
I will say this over and over and Addyson laughs at me.
Addyson Faith, Addyson Faith, Addyson Faith.
I say it really fast and she is always cracking up.
I can't believe how fast your boys are growing up. Such cute pictures.

Unknown said...

RYC...yes eliminate two then unscramble :)

Jamie said...

So fun to have the babies healthy and happy again :) We can't wait for the MC party either! Speaking of that...are you bringing the kiddos...and....any ideas as to what we get to all do together? So fun. Can't wait.

Unknown said...

RYC: Yes they are ok as long as no continued decels,which i have no idea how they aren't having them other than God is doing a miracle! Still just a wait and see...we are all pushing for the 13th. I have a feeling we are going to make it. Its scary to look at but I think of it as more of a testamony that these babies are destined to be on this earth despite the odds.

Unknown said...

It was just a scheduling issue. My real doctor will be the one doing it as well since it was moved so that is nice! Only 12 more days! I can't believe it is so close. I am so ready for this!!

alicia said...

thank you Melissa for even your encouraging words. Did Cary tell you that we are planning a ski trip up there in March? I don't know how far away it is from y'alls house but we should see about maybe meeting up. That would be fun. Your two boys are adorable and a perfect mix of you and Cary.

Anonymous said...

Ahh......I love these 2 posts of Caden and Carson...they are too cute!!! I can't believe the mouth full of teeth Caden has!!! Goodness time flies and I bet they are going to look so much bigger when ya'll come for Christmas...and I can't wait. I have posted some more pics on my blog of the boys birthday parties and a hilarious one of mom and dad. Talk to ya soon...Brittney