Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Milestones and shoes

Look what I found a few days ago...


Caden has been making crazy advancements in the last 7 days. He has begun crawling properly, although he still leap frogs across the room if he's excited. He is using his legs to stand himself up now. He has even begun trying to cruise the furniture. I think we're going to have a walker before 10 months, and it is stressing me out. He seems to be doing better healthwise as well. At his follow up appointment Wednesday, his lungs were clear for the first time in months, so we are supposed to continue the albuterol 1-2 times daily for a month to maintain his breathing, but it looks like we're in the home stretch. Yay!! Now if only his sleeping habits would go back to normal...





Sometimes, he crawls like Mowgli from the Jungle Book...it's hilarious...



Carson's favorite thing lately is pretend play. The things he thinks of crack me up. For example, when we were at the doctor's office after he had been so good for SO long, he decided we were going to play imaginary baseball in the waiting area of the pharmacy. He goes all out too. Running after grounders, catching fly balls, throwing them back to me, hitting them out of the park and running the bases. He's hilarious to watch.

Cary and the boys and I are heading to the mountains today. First, we have a women's retreat that Cary is playing piano at, and then we have a pastor's conference through Wednesday night. It should be a nice change of pace.

Cary had several conference calls yesterday, and since he works out of the house, it means we (the boys and I) either have to go somewhere or hole up somewhere so that his customers don't here the kids. We decided to go shopping. :) Our outlets here just got a Children's Place Outlet 2 weeks ago, and when we got there, the lady told me they had just marked all of their shoes down to $4.99! ALL of them! :) Carson doesn't really need shoes right now because DeeDee just got him several pairs, but I couldn't pass these up.

I got Caden several pairs since he hasn't really had any yet. Plus, there is a chance of snow this weekend, so I figured I had better get him a few options.

I also got him an adorable pair of tan suede worker boots, but I couldn't find a picture of them. They are soft soled too.

Then, I found these for me: (aren't they fun??!! - the second ones are looking a little purple on here to me, but they are RED :)) (oh, I also got Cary a really nice sweater...but I can't find a picture of it. Yay for sales!)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Such cute shoes!!! Our outdoor mall just got a children's place too. I love their stuff!!!

Rach said...

Oooooooh, I need to go shoe shopping, for both me and Hudson! Such cute shoes! I love the Jungle Book crawl! That cracks me up!

Anonymous said...

Yay for good deals...and I love the pics!! It always makes me feel good when I go shopping and find such good buys! Anyways, talk to ya soon. Britt

Michelle said...

oh wow i cant believe how much your boys are growing. I think of Addyson at that age and how she will be using her legs and arms more. I think we will have an early walker, her legs are STRONG, it's amazing. We have never had to help stretch her legs out she has always been straight as a board. ha
I love those shoes, I absolutely love good deals. Little children's shoes are sooooooo adorable. :) Have fun in the snow for us people that have HEAT in the winter. :)

Deborah said...

Such fun shoes! I really like the ones you got for you...where did you get them?

LSnyder said...

Hi, there! I am a blog friend of Kelly Tetens! Darling shoes - where did you get the black ones for you?! Thanks!