Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Teeth....again

Caden cut his 4th tooth on Monday. The left top one that will be beside his middle two whenever they arrive. Carson also has fully cut another set of bottom molars. I noticed them coming in a few weeks ago, and they are in all the way. I have to say that teeth coming in for a toddler has been SO much easier than for an infant. He hasn't seemed bothered at all.

Also, Caden was supposed to have his 6 month check-up yesterday, but it ended up being a follow-up visit for his minor pneumonia spell. He is weighing 15 lbs, 12 oz, so feeling crummy hasn't hindered his appetite at all. He's up 3 ounces after only 2 weeks. He has been wheezy still even though his antibiotic was finished on Sunday, so I was thankful that we already had the appointment scheduled. Everything looks good, he just can't seem to kick the chest congestion, so we got sent home with a nebulizer that has a fish mask and albuterol. (Lindsay - I know you are feeling me on this one. :)) We have to give him breathing treatments every 4-6 hours for 3 days, and then 2 times a day for 2 weeks, and then we'll go back in for him to be checked out. Hopefully this fixes it. He hates the mask, but thankfully gets distracted by chewing on the strap, and the nurse said we could just hold it close to his face rather than strapping him into it - which he FLIPPED over! Poor baby. I'm so thankful that he doesn't 'seem' like he feels bad. If it weren't for all of his congestion, I'd have no clue!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh mel...I AM feeling you . We have been doing the breathing treatments for about 3 weeks straight 3 times a day...I know it is hard. We have never been able to strap the strap on her though. She flips on that one...she now holds it herself, but mostly just get it close to him so he is breathing it.

Oh and FYI...I did one one time and it makes you feel very shakey...like your muscles are having tiny spasms all over at once. So don't be surprised if about halfway through he sort of wigs out. It is a strange feeling and I would hate to have to do that regularly like Hayden does.

We will be praying for you! Hayden now asks for "rhino time" (our mask has a Rhinosaurus on it :) We have found that putting on a movie or something to distract her while she does it gives the best results for all parties :) Good luck! Your are all in our prayers!

Rach said...

Man, it's been a teeth cutting frenzy b/w the 3 of our babies! :) I'm glad to hear the molars aren't too bad...Hudson hasn't had much trouble at all with his latest teeth! I hope Caden feels better and kicks the congestion! But it is very good that he doesn't 'seem' sick...that's always a plus!!

Unknown said...

Yes we still do them very regularly. About 2 weeks out of every other month...sometimes more if it is during the RSV times or the allergy season. Hayden is a candidate for asthma so yes, we still do them very frequently.

Poor little guys...their lungs just can't handle life yet :) I'm praying for healthy lungs for my next two. I can't imagine having three children on a nebulizer full time. I think I'd lose my mind.

Deb said...

It's amazing how much babies can handle and never show it. I am such a woos/wus (how do you spell that, anyway?) at any little pain.
Sounds like the boys are just growing too fast. We sure miss you guys.
Deb

Stefanie~ said...

I just saw your comment on my Banner Blog... I'll be happy to do one for you..

you can e-mail me at stefanie@stefaniebaldwinimages.com

Sorry for the delay.. I just saw the message!!!

Rach said...

I just saw on Lindsay's blog that Carson calls himself "White the Dog!" Hysterical! :) :) :)