Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Long time no blogging, lots to say

Well, maybe not a lot to say, but we've had a lot of things happen. So, I'm going to try and go one by one and post pictures as necessary :)

We are doing well here in the Yocum household. Thanksgiving was wonderful - don't remember if I talked about that in my last posts - oh well. Carson enjoyed a lovely jar of squash as he shared in his first Thanksgiving :). The next day, Cary and I braved the crowds and went to Hobby Lobby - yes, Hobby Lobby :) to get Christmas decorations. It was so much fun! I was so excited that I put our tree up at 10 p.m. that same night! Carson LOVES our tree, especially the lights! Every time I turn it on, he just stares and stares!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

We've been really busy with youth and church and my siblings games and concerts and such. Just today, we helped my sister move into her own apartment - so fun for her! and my brother had a basketball game. We have had three concerts and four athletic events since Saturday - it really is a little ridiculous, but it's lots of fun. Anyway, now to the point of my story, we have had a lot of snow in this last week, and with snow comes melting and freezing, and ice. My sister had a recital on Saturday, and as we were walking to the car, I fell.....while holding Carson!!!! Talk about a scary moment. He cried so hard!! Thankfully, neither of us were hurt, but it could have been so bad! Here is Carson during one of our busy days this week in the hat that Poppi (David, my dad) bought him:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Since we have had all of this snow, and Christmas is coming up, I decided that this would be a perfect time to take a picture for our Christmas cards. So, I dressed Carson all up in this great little outfit, and put a blanket out on the snow and sat him on it. He was so excited and started to play with the snow. I went to turn my camera on, and all of the sudden he starts SCREAMING like crazy! The only thing I can figure out is that the cold snow hurt his hands, but it was SO sad. Anyway, I took a picture because it was so perfect, and I wanted to have something to remember the moment, and then we rushed inside and got him warm again, he fell asleep in the process and all is well, but it was really sad and funny all at the same time. I suppose I'm going to have to come up with something else for our cards, but wouldn't this have been perfect if he wasn't crying:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Oh well! :)

Tomorrow, we are getting on a plane and heading for Cali for Cary's work Christmas party. His work is sending all of the wives to a day spa before dinner. Carson is coming along with us and is going to get to play with other kiddos his age. And, our good friends Natalie and Joey are going to be there too since Joey works with Cary. I can't wait to see them! It is going to be so much fun!! :) Hope you guys have a great weekend! :)

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow, look at all that snow, its beautiful, especially the picture. Too bad he was crying, you should try again, its a great shot. Have fun in CA and hopefully its a little warmer. I saw your mother-in-law the other day in Lifeway...she is excited to come see you guys, I think she said after Christmas? I'm not too sure. Anyways have a great trip and enjoy the spa.

Michelle said...

PS:
Your Christmas tree looks great!!! and I love the pictures. keep them coming

Unknown said...

love your tree...looks like we both had similar ideas this year :) hope you are all enjoying your snow...we are having 67 degree weather today. its really beautiful.

Deborah said...

I love the picture of him in the snow...crying or not, it is a precious picture!!!