Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, November 21, 2005

Milestones

Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Cary was in Michigan on business all week, and our home computer was at the Dell repair center. Oddly enough, I had been feeling like I had nothing to post about, but when I was without a computer, I had all sorts of things to say. Isn't that how it always goes...

So Carson has learned many new things all of a sudden. He rolled over from his back to his stomach for the first time, so now we are turning circles. He is now a pro sitter-upper. I sat him down on the floor last Tuesday like I always do. Usually he teeters for a bit and falls over before 2 minutes have passed. On this day however, and every day since, he just sat there. In fact, he sat up straight and looked at me, then grabbed a toy and stuck it in his mouth in one foul swoop. I am so proud of him! Now, he prefers sitting to laying, and gets frustrated if I am not quick enough to set him up after he falls over. So funny! We also started a new veggie - sweet potatoes, and he LOVES them!! He went from eating 1/3 of a jar to a whole jar like it was nothing. He's such a good boy!! :)

We've been really busy too. Cary was gone all week, and I had stuff going on every night, which was nice because it made our time apart pass quickly. Then the day he was coming home, he had flowers sent to me. So nice! :) Just because flowers are the best!!! Saturday, we had a hayride party with our church. It was so much fun!! We had hotdogs and chilli and a hoedown band with banjo and washtub, spoons and guitars - too funny. And then we square danced - yeah you should have seen us - and made s'mores. It was so much fun!! Anyway, that is the short version of my weekless posting. Here are some pictures - since Cary was gone, I've been taking pictures like there was no tomorrow! :)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I know his eyes are closed on this one, but he was laughing so hard, I couldn't pass it up!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

He was so funny sitting up for the first time in the tub. He just kept splashing the water with all of his might and then he would stare at the splashing like "How did that happen???"
Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This one is definitely one of my recent faves. He did this over and over again...too funny! :)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

6 comments:

Unknown said...

He is still soooo cute :) How fun that he is learning new things...here our children are growing up on us already !!! Are you guys coming in town this week?? If so we'd love to try to see you. Let us know! Hayden is getting dedicated on Sunday, I'm so excited.

KriSTeN said...

oh my goodness Melissa! you have such a cutie pie on your hands! ya it is lonely when your hubby is gone i am sure. it's hard on me... but that was so sweet of him to send you flowers! i know he missed you guys! hope you guys have a great thanksgiving! God bless!

Melissa said...

ha ha...that last part was supposed to read "postless week" not "weekless posting"....good grief... :)

Anonymous said...

Sweetie boy :) You're the best momma :)

alicia said...

Melissa! It is great to read that y'all are doing good and Carson is growing up so quick. I love the picture of him laughing. Those are the best kinds of pictures that show true emotions. Can't wait to see y'all again. Don't know when but I hope soon. Tell Cary I said hello. The count down is on for us. We have less than 11 weeks to go. Too excited!!! Talk to ya soon.

Michelle said...

Where are your updates woman?? :)
You must be busy, I hope you are having a great Christmas Season!