Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Big News

Our appointment today went well. I'm now dilated to 3 cm. Our doctor's greeting to us today was - "So, I hear you were having contractions," to which I nodded. "So why didn't you call me?" She said that if we had called, we would have had our baby Sunday night - MAN!!! She then told us that we had three options. 1. Wait and see what happens, but he is getting big. 2. We could wait until contractions began again like Sunday, come in, and she would break my water. or 3. Set an appointment and come in for pitocin. She suggested option 3 because it is less invasive and easier to control than breaking my water. I also would hate it if my mom wasn't here because we waited. Also, since it looks like Carson is going to be a big kid, she doesn't advise me waiting much at all. She also said that because of how much progress I have made already, it would probably take a very small dose to get me going. SOOOO....long story short, we are going in tomorrow morning at 7 to receive pitocin. Looks like we'll have a baby tomorrow! Can't wait and I'll post pictures soon!!!

Please pray for me as I am feeling quite nervous in all of this excitement!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! SO excited for you and will be praying for you tomorrow!! Can't wait to see the little guy and know that you aren't having to wait around anymore :) YOU CAN DO IT MELISSA!!!!

alicia said...

WOW, the time went by soooo fast! Well, Congrats on your new baby today and I will be praying for all three of you. Can't wait to see Carson

Deborah said...

Wahoo! Finally! Congrats! I can't wait to see him. I wish you a happy, enjoyable labor and delivery. I am so excited for you guys. Welcome to Parenthood! It's an awesome adventure!

Anonymous said...

This is almost exactly like it happened for me melissa. It went great, really GREAT, and I hope that yours does too!

Deborah said...

Congratulations, Carson! You are officially here! I can't wait to see him. Lindsay said he is so cute! I bet! I know you and Cary are so proud. Way to go on "no drugs". That's awesome! Well, enjoy that baby!

alicia said...

When can we see him? I am anxiously waiting to see what the little Cary/Melissa seed looks like. So excited!