Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, November 28, 2008

Couples' Retreat 08 & Thanksgiving

We've been busy, busy lately, but not a whole lot to post. Cary and I went to Couple's Retreat a few weekends ago. It was so nice to get away, even if we did take Carter with us. Oddly enough, I don't have a single picture of Cary and I together from the weekend. One of us was behind the camera the whole time, I suppose.

Me and my sweet friend Stephenie who is joining the Mommy club in January!:


Scott & Kels:


My cute Dad & Mom:


The group from this year's retreat:


Later that week, Carson started running a fever that he kept for 5 days. Poor kid. I'm so sick of the sickies and we're early in the season. One plus, I suppose, is that I've only had one sick kid at a time. I feel bad for them though.

Wednesday, I decorated for Christmas. Early, I know, but I've been listening to Christmas music for a few weeks already, and I didn't want to spend Cary's day off decorating. So I let the boys help me hang ornaments on the tree. It was pretty funny. Caden took every ornament he touched apart, so I kept handing him the same ornament after a while. Carson did great hanging the ornaments... on two branches. I should have taken a picture. Most of the tree was bare, but one branch in the front and one branch in the back had at least 10 ornaments each. He was so proud of himself. Needless to say, I rearranged the ornaments during naptime.

Carter has become very smiley lately. I love this stage when they become so interactive and just a look from us can light up their world.



This year, we spent Thanksgiving at my aunt's house with family and friends that live in the area. It was a nice and relaxed day with great food. Here's a shot of Carter from his first Thanksgiving...little Turkey. :)


I believe we're in the beginning of the teething stage...check out this drool. About 4 pictures later, the top half of his shirt was wet.


Carson wanted to hold Carter this morning, and Caden (Mr. Me Too) wanted to hold him as well, but was content for a moment when I helped him sit next to Carson. It seemed like such a great picture moment, but I've noticed recently that it is becoming increasingly difficult to get a good picture of all three boys. Out of 20 pictures, this was the best...


Happy Thanksgiving everyone! We are so thankful to have each of you in our lives!!

5 comments:

Nicki W. said...

PRECIOUS!!! who on earth does mr. carter look like?? he is a blue-eyed boy! wow! he is so handsome! love those boys!!

Deb said...

I can't help but admit that when I look at your boys, I just know Warren will never be as cute as they are! It's terrible to say, and I might change my mind once I am holding him in my arms, but I just don't see handsome in his future... you guys will be meeting lots of girlfriends in the future! So great to read a new post. You look wonderful, too, by the way. I love the first pic. I miss the snow... even if I did only get to spend 20mins in it!

Unknown said...

oh those blue eyes just melt me! your boys are just as handsome as ever!

Lisa said...

What a lovely family you have! I would love to have a couples retreat with my hubby! Good for you! Your family is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Love the pics!! All the boys look so handsome and you look great too!! Can't even tell you recently had a baby....I'm jealous :) Carter's eyes remind me of Dad's, ya know his are sooooooo blue and Nanny's a really blue as well, and Carter looks so handsome with his baby blues too. Anyways, I love and miss you guys. Hugs....Brittney