Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Our Trip to Houston: A play by play

We went to Houston for Cary's sister Emily's wedding. It was a busy trip, and the boys were at their limits many times, but it was fun as well, and many memories were made. So much happened, that I'm going to make this a mostly picture post so that I don't miss too much.

We got in on Wednesday night pretty late. Thursday, we hung out while Cary worked during the day and then went to dinner with Shawn's family (Em's new hubby) and cruised a really neat shopping area around there. Carson and Caden got to meet the other kids that were in the wedding and had a great time playing with them.

Friday morning, Carter and I went to get my nails done with the other ladies in the wedding, and then to the Bridesmaid's brunch at Jasper's. It was SOOO good. Cary hung out with the Carson and Caden. Cary was such an awesome dad, he always is, but especially on this trip he really had the boys all on his own a lot, which with little sleep for the boys, and no schedule, was a real task. I'm so thankful for you, babe! I don't know what I would have done without you!!

Friday afternoon we got the boys all ready in their halloween costumes and trick-or-treated around the neighborhood before heading to Emily & Shawn's rehearsal/welcome dinner.


Carson trying to be a tough cowboy:






This is a great picture of the boys' personalities. Carson is a thinker, and Caden is busy:




This was Caden's first real year trick-or-treating. He was quite content with his very first piece of candy. He didn't care so much about getting more as long as he had one. Carson was hilarious, and thought that he should get a handful, or 2 or 3, at each house.


Checking out the loot:


Our little pumpkin:


Saturday was the wedding, which was beautiful!! I can't wait to see the pictures, and hopefully I'll post a few on here when we get them... For the boys, however it was a very difficult day. They didn't have a nap, and the wedding was during dinner, so there were frequent meltdowns. Thus is life... It was so nice to see family that we hadn't seen in a while. Some pics from the day...




A happy moment with Aunt Pat, Cary's aunt:


Kisses for Auntie Stephanie (Cary's sister):


Sweet Kynadee, the boys' cousin, and her daddy Mason:


Cary's Aunt Linda, and his cousin Graham:


I don't have any pictures of the bride and groom or Cary's folks or the wedding party, but hopefully I'll get some soon.

Post wedding, the boys crashed almost immediately:




Sunday, we grabbed lunch and went to a park so the boys could work off some energy. Mason, Danielle and Kynadee joined us, as well as our friends, Jamie & Billy, and Cary's mom and sister, Stephanie.

A sleepy smile:








(Mom, doesn't this remind you of the picture that was on our bathroom wall in the house in Pueblo???)


Sweet girl:




Billy & Jamie:


Sunday night, we went to our dear friends, Lindsay & BJ's house for dinner. It was such a fun time, and it was great to meet their twins, Preslyn & Ella. It had been much too long (and two kids for each of us) since that last time we were able to spend time together.

Carson, Hayden & Caden playing in their playroom...I SOOOO need one of these!


Sweet Ella:


Sweet Preslyn with Lindsay. Right after this, Preslyn dove off the couch (slowly) to cruise with Ella. They are such sweet babies!


Monday, we got to meet our friends David & Staci and their kiddos in College Station for dinner. It was an adventure, and people looked at us like we were crazy with our 4 adults and 6 kids, but it was lots of fun!


Tuesday, I woke up with a stomach bug. Yay me! Poor Cary got to corral the boys and pack up mostly on his own until I was able to get out of bed around 3...that was a miracle in itself! For a while, we thought I would be staying an extra day. Thankfully, I'm feeling much better and so far no one else has gotten it. Seriously, I have never been more thankful for Cary than I was this past week. He had to take on so much of the responsibility that we usually share.

To our family and friends: it was so nice to get to spend time with those of you that we could! It has been too long. We love you all!!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

we loved having you guys!!! hopefully we will see you again before either of us (meaning you :) ) have any more children!!

take care of yourself!

Rach said...

What a great blog!! I'm sorry you got sick!! My computer is being crazy and I can't see the pics, so I'll come back to see them!
RYC: Thanks! I used Pampers Swaddlers 1 and tons of rubber bands! I guess that's how it is so tight. Each diaper is rolled and banded and then I put a huge one around the bunch. It was fun and so easy! :)

Wish we could have seen you guys while you were in town...we were in town too but overwhelmed with Colt's birthday festivities! Next time!!!

Deb said...

I love the wedding colors! Carson looks so sad but adorable in that first pic. I am so sorry it didn't work out for us to see you guys. I thought about you the whole weekend and kept checking your blog to "hear" about the weekend. We love you.

Rach said...

Ok, now I see the pics! They are great and I look forward to seeing pics from the wedding! I love the boys' suits! So cute!

Michelle said...

Oh I cannot believe how adorable your boys are! They were so cute in their costumes. Carson looks so grown up. I remember when you first had him, he grew up so fast.

I'm so glad you guys were able to come for the wedding. Such a busy weekend but I'm sure you all had a blast and the grandparents were excited to see the kiddos.

I can't wait to see the wedding pictures.

Thanks about your comment, people can be so insensitive.

Simple Living Lady said...

Okay so this is going to be really strange but Galitha was on my blog for a contest so i went to check her blog out and stumbled upon her church and saw we are both worship and creative arts pastors and then i looked at the rest of her links and you were on there as The Yocums. Well then i saw your picture and you look really familiar and the thing is your name is really familiar then i saw thehawkins blog in your side bar. Rachel hawkins father in law married me and my husband i grew up in his church in ft wayne and his daughter piper was in my wedding. So surley i must know you. Check out my blog and let me know what ya think. www.thescottfamily5.blogspot.com

Nicki W. said...

no way!! i want to eat them up! looks like a blast :)

Anonymous said...

Boo to tummy bugs, hooray to ADORABLE pics!!! Gosh. Could your kids BE any cuter?
(The answer is NO! They are so sweet!)

Rose said...

Oh my gosh, your boys are SO HANDSOME!

(And I have a new respect for you, my mom friend of many, as I am packing for ONE tot for a silly, 5 day getaway)