Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

10 Weeks

We're 10 weeks now, and I'm beginning to feel at least a bit of relief from first trimester woes.... read puke-iness.... This pregnancy has kind of hit me like a ton of bricks in comparison with my others....it's much more similar to my first trimester with Carson. That being said, it doesn't really make me very hopeful for a girl, because all of my pregnancies have been easy, but very different in regard to symptoms. I have a theory though, and it's that I feel more symptoms based on how long it's been since my body has experienced pregnancy hormones. This is our biggest gap, and it has left me much more puke-y feeling and much more tired than I was with either Caden or Carter. Thankfully, Cary has been super understanding! :) I do feel like it's letting up a little... at least I've had a few okay days this week, and that is an improvement!

We saw the doc last week, and had an ultrasound. We're measuring right on target, and the heartbeat was strong, and we could see both the yolk sack and the umbilical cord, which they said was a fantastic sign that all is well. We're officially due on October 20 (crazy that we will have a new baby before Christmas!). Because I stopped producing amniotic fluid towards the end with Carter, they will start monitoring me for that around 34-35 weeks or so...evidently that can happen again, which I didn't know... Also, because my labors get increasingly faster, it is likely that I will have an induction scheduled around 39 weeks, and I'm great with that... don't want to be on the evening news after all. :) We don't go back in until 16 weeks (that's the norm around here for uneventful pregnancies...always seems long to me) and I think everything will fly by from that point!

Here's one of the ultrasound pics (taken of the original with my iphone). The baby is head down. If you look super close, there is a faint ring above the head, which is the yolk sack, and a squiggly line around the bottom and feet which is the umbilical cord.
9 weeks - baby 4


6 comments:

Rach said...

So what is your due date??? I'm guessing the end of October since I was around 10 weeks at this point with Hudson! I'm hoping for girl for you this time!!! You never know! My pregnancies were just about identical!! And, what do you mean by you stopped producing towards the end with Carter? Producing what?
Anyway, congrats again!!! I have the fever...I know, I'm nuts!!!

Melissa said...

OH goodness, Rachel, I really should reread what I've typed before posting these days! LOL! I meant to have both of those things in here... oh well, I'll edit it... We're due Oct 20, and I stopped producing amniotic fluid, and they discovered it right at 37 weeks, and I was immediately induced.

Brittany Sill said...

Now it needs to changed to ". . .and baby makes 6!" :) Congrats! Miss you!

Unknown said...

such a cute little bean he/she is already :) glad things are lightening up on you!

Rach said...

No worries...I usually have to go back and edit mine too! :)

Maybe he/she will be born on Hudson's birthday, October 19th...but I doubt it if you have to be induced early! Congrats again!!!!

lindsey brooke said...

too excited for you guys! you make me proud! (hehee)