Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Snow Day, Take 2

It started snowing yesterday morning, and hasn't stopped yet! We have about 2 1/2 feet of snow in our yard right now. It's crazy...and so early for such a huge storm here. Needless to say, schools are closed and everyone is enjoying the weather. We're enjoying it too...from our living room...with hot chocolate...and baked goods, because snow days illicit baking and cooking.......and hot chocolate.

Cary's been on a business trip this week, so I've had friends and family with me during the days to help with the boys. I am so blessed to be surrounded by such a loving support team! My mom stayed last night because of the snow, and the boys LOVED getting to spend some extra time with Bella. Because of the snow and all of the complications it has caused, Cary got to come home from his business trip a whole day early! Yay for that! :)

Carter is this close to walking. He stands up with no hands and cruises the house barely touching anything, but when it comes to out and out walking, he squats down and crawls as fast as he can. I have a feeling when he finally gives walking a go, he will try running on the same day. Personally, I would like it if I could walk again before he does, but I'm not so sure that will happen. He's also discovering lots of things around here lately and it's so funny to watch his mind work as he tries to figure things out. It took him all of 4 days to figure out how to open our baby gate if it's not in the locked position. It has a closed position, and then a locked position, and because I was sure I had a few months before he even took interest in figuring it out, we hadn't been locking the door. Well, he proved me wrong. Also, we got a new trash can to replace the one that we've had and hate since the step for the lid had broken. We got an electronic lid trash can. It's great, and I love that the kids don't need to touch the can...they think it's pretty cool too. Anyway, Carter figured out right away that if he stood up near it, he was just tall enough that the sensor sees him and opens the lid. Over and over again, he would stand there until the lid opened, and then he would squat down low until it closed again. Such a funny kid. He's also figured out how to illicit laughter from his ever willing audiences. I'm loving seeing his little personality bloom.

Carson and Caden are doing well, and are VERY excited about Halloween this year. I've been hiding their costumes so that they might actually make it to trick-or-treating without damage, but I pulled them out today because I knew that Carson's needed a bit of altering. They are so incredibly excited about their costumes and spent a few hours already trying to master their characters. FU-NNY!!!!! They were cracking me up. Carson was going all out with his character development, struck a pose and whispered (I'm sure so no one would hear) trick-or-treat! Funny, funny stuff!!! I'll save the surprise of what they are going to be for a later post... Pictures as well, of course! It's been too long since I've held a camera. It's weird, but the perspective from our couch is only so interesting.

As far as my leg goes, I'm doing well. I'm losing my mind a little, but I'm trying to take everything in stride and a day at a time. It's hard for this incredibly independent girl to be forced into being SO dependent for nearly every little thing. I don't know exactly how much longer it will be before I can bare weight on my ankle. I have an appointment next week for a new cast. The ortho wants to take x-rays of my ankle in different positions to make sure it's healing like he wants, and hopefully he can give me a more definitive time line at that appointment. I think it will be a slow process even once I can put weight on it though, so I'm not getting too excited. Baring weight is only the first step (pun definitely intended) in a line of many I'm afraid.

Cary's doing well too, and is handling things around here really well, considering how much he has had to take on! I'm so thankful for him! We have couples' retreat for our church a week from today. We are leading worship at it, and I CANNOT WAIT!! Couples' Retreat is definitely always a highlight of our year. It is nice to get away from the day to day and focus on us instead of everything else in our lives. Anyway, that's what's going on in our neck of the snowy woods. :) If I'd just trusted my instinct back in September to buy Caden that snowsuit we could be enjoying the snow outside, but for now it's awfully toasty and white from our living room view!


3 comments:

Rach said...

I'm glad things are going well! I would hate being laid up too, but at least you have a great support system! I can't wait to see the boys costumes! How fun! I can't believe Carter is already almost walking...where has the time gone? Enjoy the snow...and send some down here, will ya? :)

Mama PC said...

Hang in there! you're making memories!!! or shall we say - you can make memories out of every thing daily - if you'll keep the attitude right - and if you'll keep things in perspective...

I'm keeping you in my prayers.

Love to you all!

KriSTeN said...

aw you poor girl. i didnt know you were hurt. i dont get on blog much anymore. LOL i need to though. i hope you are all healed up now.
and have a wonderful time at the retreat! wow snow! lucky you!!!!
:)