Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

9 Weeks, 3 Days

Photobucket

I had my first true prenatal appointment today with my nurse practitioner...I just love her! She takes her time, and is thorough, and acts like she is truly excited about your situation. I was amazed when I saw what a difference 2 weeks makes to a baby! The ultrasound was so clear, and we could see the babies arms and hands and legs. So cool. I was also surprised to see the eyes already. I'm always amazed that they are fully formed so early and only have to stay in to grow and mature. How can anyone have doubt in who God is when they see stuff like this? The appointment went well, although things seem to be happening much sooner this time as far as I am concerned. Although my pants are still fitting, I feel like I can't hold my stomach in anymore - especially by the end of the day. I hate this time because you just feel and look pudgy, but there is no way I would fit into my maternity stuff yet. She said it's just a true sign that my body has done all of this before - and recently. This has all started sooner than it even did with Caden, but I guess that is just how it works. The baby is doing well, and is actually measuring ahead for now at 9 weeks, 6 days, but we're sticking with my original due date of Sept. 21. I get to go back to hear the baby's heartbeat in a month, and I'm pretty excited!

9 comments:

Michelle said...

Yay for ultrasounds! I love seeing how fast babies grow inside the womb at such a short time. I can't believe you are going to have your 3rd child, you are going to have your hands full. Kids are so great though!!!
Good luck on this journey!!

alicia said...

Wow! The babe has grown so much. That is so cool to see. I can't wait for our next visit. It is March 3rd. Totally understand you about your clothes and just feeling fat! This time and the very end of the pregnancy is my least favorite. All beginning stuff and the middle stuff is great and of course when the baby gets here. Well, thanks for the advice on the vomiting. I will sure go and by me some vitamin b6 and chop it up! Talk to ya again and way to go baby number 3 on the growing!

Nicki W. said...

ahhhh! wow! congrats, melissa! 3 kiddos so close together--what good friends they will be! please keep us updated!

Unknown said...

i love ultrasounds. it always amazes me how looking at that picture is really looking at your child. I know that probably sounds wierd but after they are born i always am amazed that that is really them in those pictures.

I am so hoping for a girl for you :) Boys are fun too...but I want you to have all the frills and thrills like i do :)

Deborah said...

I thought so too!!! I love the ultrasounds! How exciting! Come on baby girl...I know you're in there!! ;)

Deb said...

What a clear picture! I could actually tell which part was which ... at least I think I could! LOL It was great talking to you over the weekend!

Anonymous said...

I found your blog through Nicki and I am 10 weeks and 5 days today! This is my first. Congrats! You have a beautiful family!

Kristen said...

So excited for you, Melissa! Wow!

I'm starting my third trimester this week...

Anonymous said...

Ahh....what cute pics at Cadens b-day party....and I cannot believe you are already almost 12 weeks pregnant...it sure flies by faster when you already have 2 other little ones to look after......It seemed like I wasn't pregnant with chandler for long at all!! Anyways, I haven't commented in a while been so busy with school and everything, but we love and miss ya'll.........Brittney