Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, June 08, 2007

Yay for my boys!

Probably TMI, but I think this is exciting. We started unofficially potty-training yesterday. Unofficially, because it's hard to start training on a busy weekend. I had planned on starting on Monday, but Carson found the training pants and pottyseat that I had purchased this week. He was excited, so I figured we would give it a go. Anyway, since yesterday, he has gone "poo-poo" twice - both times in the toilet! Yay for Carson! Going #1 has proven a bit more difficult...he sits there forever...I'm not kidding, like 20-30 minutes at a time, and then the moment he gets off, he pees... but I'm not worried. We've just started here, and as far as I'm concerned, he has pretty much figured out the hard part, now if Mommy could just figure out the timing for #1, we'd be good to go.

Concerning my other boy... this week Caden has started scooting all over the place during tummy time. Isn't it a little early for him to have figured out the beginnings of crawling? He actually sticks his feet to the ground and pushes himself forward. It looks like he's going to be trying to keep up with Carson in no time!

Oh, in other great news...our friends Josh & Kelly were able to bring their new baby, Patriot home on Wednesday! He made a sudden recovery due to many answered prayers and was able to come home early! Praise the Lord!!

Edit: Josh & Kelly just texted me to let me know that they Patriot has been readmitted to the hospital. He is too jaundiced, so they want him under the lights where they can watch him. Please pray for this sweet famiy. I know they want Patriot to be whole and are ready for things to get back to normal. For pictures of this sweet boy, and a better update, click here.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the update on Patriot. They have been on my mind constantly. I hate that we can't be close to them and help out somehow!


And YAY for poop in the potty :) What a big boy Carson is!! He has given me high hopes for Hayden potty training before the babies come :)

Rach said...

Yea for Carson and Caden! Someone the other day told me I needed to start Hudson potty training NOW...I was like, are you kidding me? That's awesome that Carson has figured out the "hard" part. That cracks me up about him waiting to get off the potty and then peeing!!I can't believe Caden is scooting already...goodness, they grow so fast!!!

Unknown said...

Well tell Cary to get with the program!! He seems like a really nice guy...we didn't get a chance to meet him yet.

Unknown said...

RYC: No we aren't trying to find names that go together or have to start with the same letter. We have one boy first name picked out for sure, still working on a middle name. but mainly we like unique names...but not too far out there like apple or something :) We'd love to hear your suggestions!! Who knows..maybe we'll use one or two in the end!